Top 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 10

OK, I was watching an old episode of Top Gear and someone made a comment that every bloke has their Top 10 cars... I realised I didn't!!!!

So, here is my first attempt (in no particular order):
    Year Make Model
    1969 Porsche 911S
    1955 Porsche 356 Cabriolet
    2007 Porsche 997 GT3
    1997 Porsche 993 911 RS
    1955 Porsche 550 Spyder
    1962 Ferrari 250 GTO
    2007 Lamborghini Gallardo
    2007 Aston Martin DB9
    1970 Jaguar E-type (Type II 4.2L Convertible)
    1972 Lamborghini Muira

any thing i have missed?

cheers

Rich

(P.S. I was guessing some of the years... so don't hold that against me!)
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

What ! no 2.7 RS or 3.0 RSR ?
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Phil, yeah I know... 5 porsches in the top 10... something had to give. It was a hard decision to make... and aren't the RS and RSR's being somewhat devalued by the number fakes/replicas out there?

If anything I think I'd add a 911R or ST...

Oh and I was thinking about adding an Audi RS4 Avant to ferry the family around in...

Rich
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

The reason why there are so many fakes and replicas out there is because these cars were great to drive. I don't think replicas necessarily devalue the real deal.

Comment

By that logic Rich, it would mean that all the real Cobra's are being devalued by all the replica's, as well as the real Lotus 7's, D and C Type Jag's etc. Don't think so!
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

I think Rich means (and by all means correct me here Rich) that the desirability, not the price, is somewhat devalued by the sheer weight of replica numbers. An RS replica is quite common so we become use to the sight of them and so its no surprise when we come across one.
            A Spyder 550, however is more desirable because we don't often see one.
            However if someone wants to park an RS in my garage, I won't complain.

Comment

Brett, thank you, you got it spot on... and of course, if someone was to park an original RS or RS in my garage I wouldn't complain either... I would even empty the one and only car space for it!!!
              Richard Griffiths
              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Yeah sure, I agree then

The number of replica RS's is almost becoming silly!!! Especially when you go to Classic Adelaide or Targa, but there is a very good reason for that, as Erwin said, they ARE THAT GOOD!!
                Alex Webster
                A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Working...
                X