Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historics @ Oran Park 1/6-3/6

hi all,
    just thought i'd let you know that the next round of the historics is on at Oran Park on the first weekend in June.
    If all goes to plan, both Ryan and I will have our new cars on the track for the first time... it should be a great weekend.
    I'll post more details as it gets closer (and when I have a run sheet with times etc).
    could be a good excuse for a drive...
    Cheers,
    Nick

sounds good, I am hoping to get to a NSW event this year, but the calendar is pretty full, with one week on, one week ofor about 3 months!!!! Sonya will kill me!
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

alex - we're happy to put you (and sonja) up if you can make it to an event.

ps: note the "If all goes to plan" bit in nic's post.

Comment

Nick, have I missed something.....?

What's this reference to a new car of yours...?
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Hey Cam... it's kinda new.
          1976 Carrera 3.0 - I bought it 2 years ago... pearl yellow and wearing a C2 kit. 18 months ago I started pulling it apart - it's having a complete restoration (now original GP white) and built as a Group Sc and rally car. Everything is new. I have pics of the whole process which I'll post when it's done. Needless to say, I can't wait!
          It's booked in for cams log book the Monday before this meeting - we've also entered it in Classic Adelaide this year... the cage is a work of art!

Comment

Gents (Nic / Ryan) I'd love to come along, is there anyway I could be useful to you guys on the day? Happy to fetch coffee or whatever... do you need any hands in the thick of it?

Shane

Comment

absolutely Shane... can always do with an extra pair of hands (white w/ one).
              we'll talk closer to the date.

Comment

cheers Nic, happy to be your coffee 'bitch'.....

Shane

Comment

nic - i hate to say i told you so.

shane - want to come out and watch anyway?

Comment

Ryan,

Love to, probably only good for Saturday afternoon or Sunday, Is there a timetable?

Comment

thanks ryan... i guess we'll both just have to wait for the FOSC round in July.
                      At least we'll know the cars are perfect by then - well, fingers crossed.
                      I should have a timetable early next week - will circulate then.

Comment

Nic and Ryan,

I'll be heading out to the Historics at around 11.00 / 12.00 on Saturday, basically its the only time I could negotiate sans tackers.

Is this a good time?, I should be able to hang around until 4.30 or so..

cheers

Shane

Comment

Looks like BT had a great weekend!!!!
                          Alex Webster
                          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

All,

I popped out about 12.00 o'clock on Saturday and spoke with a few people, namely Brian Taylor and Mr Lawler (forgotten his first name - Terry ? and what a magnificently presented car).

It was my first time at a race meet and I must say I had a fantastic time mingling and watching all of the races I saw.

Brian had a fantastic tussle with Terry , two cars very similar in speed and times, with Brian probably just a little more HP down the main straight and a little gamer in the braking department at the end of the straight, although Brian my say otherwise.

Thanks to Brian and Terry for chatting, I felt welcomed and included.

To anyone who hasn't been to one of these meetings as a spectator it really is quite a blast, lots of nice cars, lots of the right noises, and lots of guys giving their all on the track.. great stuff, I'd recommend it..

Apparantely it was a quieter meet, but it was certainly fun to watch..

I'll be out again for sure.

Cheers
                            Shane - I have a video of Brian and Terry down the front straight flat out, I'll try and get it on Youtube tonight.

Comment

glad you had a good time Shane... RC and I cruised out in the truck on sunday morning.
                              I think that's the last time I will go and watch - it's too depressing.

Terry and Dad continued the battle on Sunday... Terry took race 2 and BT took race 3 - it hasn't been confirmed yet, but it looks like dad now holds the lap record for group s and Oran Park South!

Comment

Working...
                              X