Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver Education Day - Peter Fitzgerald @ Winton

Hey guys,

saw Peter Fitzgerald on the weekend (Porsche Cup driver for over 30 years). He runs driver education days at Winton throughout the year, and I have done one about 4-5 years ago and found it really really good.

He limits the number of people to 6 (yes SIX), and you get about an hour in the classroom first, and then the whole day on the track, yep, just the six of you!

You get one on one tuition with him both in and out of the car, and he will drive you in your car if you wish. You get timed, and your improvement will be logged and recorded.

It is a great day and well worth it for anyone considering the 6 hour event, as you will get a heck of a lot of it, and be sure that the track is basically empty for you to screw up and improve!!!

Both Michael Japp, Marcus Hancock and I will probably do it, and thought that maybe we could make it an all Early 911 training session!!

Let me know if you are interested, and I can then get Peter to get in touch with you. The date is yet to be confirmed but will be in the next month or so.
    Wednesday 11 July 2007
    60.00%
    Thursday 12 July 2007
    0.00%
    Either day is fine.
    20.00%
    Neither day - have to work - weekend preferred.
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by alexwebster; 15-06-07, 01:53 PM.
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Wow, sounds great, I'm interested. Let me know the potential dates.

Comment

Alex,

This sounds like a great one to stick on the calendar as a regular event...

I am interested, but don't think the suspension on my car will be sorted out in the next month (not due to go to Phil until 15th or so of July)... but next time yes!!!

Cheers

Rich
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Rich

Get out there and do it with the current suspension.

Keep quiet on the suspension mods and then put your improvement in lap times down to your great skill behind the wheel
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

This should be good for someone like me who is a track virgin.

Comment

Sounds great, depending on dates I'm in. I was going to do something similar with a group of mates who do the John Bowe one pretty regularly, but a controlled track day with a group of 901er's would be more fun.
            Paul Wischer
            1969 911T
            1979 Californian Moke
            TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Still awaiting the dates guys, will update as soon as I know.
              Alex Webster

Comment

Thanks, will need to check availability.

Comment

date released!!

Hi Guys, just got the email from Peter... see below

He has given two dates that we can choose from, both are during the week, so some with work committments may not be able to attend. I can assure you that you will get lots of track time, more than you could ever imagine!!!
                  Peter drives with you, Peter will drive you (in your car) and you get to compare your times during the day and watch your progress.

Lets compare who can make either date and see if we can have a ONLY 901 day! Could be great

Would start a poll but cannot do after the initial thread start - Erwin can you override that with the option of either date or either date is fine please....

Hi Alex,

how about Wednesday and Thursday 11th & 12th of July? I have tentatively booked these days. Maximum no. per day 6 participants.

Cost is $429 per day including GST and payment is due on confirmation.

Coffee, tea, bickies & lunch is provided, and I am the only instructor on the day.

People need to arrive around 9am and normal finish is 4.30pm.

You will need helmet & long sleeve shirts/sweaters and trousers.

People should also give some thought to the shoes they wear as well. Ie. Runners aren’t the best driving shoe around!!

Let me know how you go.

Best Regards,

Peter Fitzgerald
                  Fitzgerald Racing Services P/L
                  PO Box 228, Warrandyte.
                  Vic. Australia 3113
                  Ph. 61-3-9897-1555
                  Alex Webster

Comment

Poll added - both those 2 days and a 3rd I can't make it choice.

I can't make it - I have to work.

Comment

Alex, put me down as a definite starter if it's held on Wednesday. Thursday is a no go for me.

Darren

Comment

Looks like Wednesday it is.

Jappy, Marcus, are you okay for the Wednesday?

If Darren and Brett are definate, then we could already have 6 including the above... Stewart and I.... anyone else want to come?
                        Alex Webster

Comment

I'm not sure at this stage, weekends would have worked better for me. I thought he said at Winton he had a booking for the 6th & 7th? I'll see what I can work out.
                          MichaelJapp
                          71E
                          Typ901 #065
                          EarlyS #798

Comment

Just have to check whether I can get my car back on the road in time before I commit. I'll try to have an answer tomorrow morning.

Cheers
                            Paul Wischer
                            1969 911T
                            1979 Californian Moke
                            TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Sorry - I voted before I read the post - the wed or the thurs are fine but I will need to know in the next week so I can block out the diary

Comment

Working...
                              X