No announcement yet.

GoKart @ P.I. 8th December 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll be at the track at about 10am - travelling direct from home with the family.
    No Porsche = no detour
    If necessary, my contact no. tomorrow is 0409 216 718 (Julie's mobile) - Mine's still "trapped' in the office as we weren't allowed access today after the fire yesterday.

PS Anywhere special planned for lunch?
    Last edited by MrUpwey; 07-12-07, 06:35 PM.
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Miller View Post
      You guys and gals are about to have more fun then you've ever had with your pants on !!!!! .......
      Right on Chuck! (to be read with an American accent)
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901

Comment

Originally posted by hmd View Post
        I won't be able to make it down there this weekend but to spice thing up a little I have a Porsche mini car care kit as a prize for fastest non-committee runner.
        Alex has the full results, but from memory the quickest overall winner on average lap times for the 4 races (10 minute/session) was my leadfoot & fearless 17 year old son Robert, closely followed (by 0.1sec/lap) by Spencer. Also in the top 5 were Alex (of course), Jason C and another young gun Jason Hardt.
        It was a fantastic day, great company and tremendous fun. Another event that'll go onto the TYP901 calendar each year - thanks for your initiative Alex. In fact it was so exciting that no one thought to take photos (that I'm aware of) - so if you want to see what it's like, make sure to come next year.
        Where did I finish ? - well put it this way, none of those in the top 10 enjoyed the breathtaking scenery as much as I. :p
        I think in the first session I was lapped by everyone - including Phil
        And on a final note - some members who seem very nice people socially become enveloped in a red haze once on the track (similar to footballers white line fever)- no names, but I always thought Brett was mild mannered happy go lucky, gentle and caring sort of chap - on the track he's an absolute $*&@#~ ........and the same goes for both Andrews, both Marcus', Alex, Phil, Jason, Peter H, Robert, Costas, Phil, Spencer, Richard and any other bastard I forgot to mention - excluding of course my dear wife Julie and precious daughter Elizabeth, both of whom allowed me to pass - although I must admit that it was very entertaining to see Liz block Alex for a lap or so. Great female driver.

Bring it on again next year :p
        Last edited by MrUpwey; 10-12-07, 09:39 PM.
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901

Comment

I agree totally Peter and I think this format will become our annual Christmas Party with possibly a beach picnic after the racing to get the rest of the family along.

I aso think we will add a go kart night to our calendar so I need a sub committee to go an investigate the various tracks around Melbourne to make a choise.

Volunteers ??
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

yep - I'll put my hand up! Any track time is a good time!

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I took some photos on the day, so I will post those either here or in the magazine! The restults will be posted there too!

Great day had by all, from what I could gather anyways.

Good swim in the morning, water was warm and not too much moss on pool deck! Track, carts and organisation was great, so I think there will be a big field next year! Lunch was great, and I agree that a picnic type arrangement next year on the grass or beach would be a great finale close to that experienced by the V8's!

Thanks to all that came along. Bring on next year.
            Alex Webster
            A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Sorry I missed it, I'm in for next year, I was also pleased to hear that there were no "drownings" at this swim!!
              MichaelJapp
              71E
              Typ901 #065
              EarlyS #798

Comment

Alex has the full results, but from memory the quickest overall winner on average lap times for the 4 races (10 minute/session) was my leadfoot & fearless 17 year old son Robert
                Alex,
                Did Robert win? if so let me know I will deliver price to his dad
                GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

certainly was a great day, but I think i am going to have to practice for next year!!
                  Richard Griffiths
                  1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Yes, of the total group Robert did win. If we count members only, then Spencer won.

The result, for those that care, was your best lap time from each of the four sessions, with the worst result dropped. We then average the three best. The result was close with less than 0.1 second being the difference between first and second!!

Well done to everyone for turning up, having a go and having lots of fun.
                    Alex Webster
                    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Pete,

I work in the city and will be bringing the Porsche mini Car Care kit in for Robert. PM me with your contact details.

I hope he has a Porsche to use the kit on
                      GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Originally posted by hmd View Post
                        Pete,

I work in the city and will be bringing the Porsche mini Car Care kit in for Robert. PM me with your contact details.

I hope he has a Porsche to use the kit on
                        You've been PM'd Hung.
                        Hung, if you knew Robert you'd realize that cleaning products and 17 year olds are incompatible, however, someone else in the family will put it to good use :p.
                        It's a very generous gesture, Thanks

Regards
                        Peter Williams #049
                        Secretary TYP901

Comment

Working...
                        X