Club Run in Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club Run in Vic

Hey guys,I know that in the calendar that we had a run planned for Feb.... anyone putting their hand up to organise one?I think Phil dobbed Clive in at the committee meeting.... anyone else able to help, as I think Clyde is still under the pump?would be nice to blow out the cobwebs!
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

and can someone tell me why when I post it gets truncated to one line... very annoying.
    Alex Webster

Comment

alex

i think it was in the calendar for sunday 17th...

maybe it could just be a modified version of the mornington penninsula run from last year? mr upwey should have the maps etc still...

not sure if claire and i will make it - will only just be back from holidays. it's in the diary though, so will do my best to be there!

cheers

rich
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Unfortunately the 17th is out for me.
        However, if the run was put back a week to the 23/24 Feb. I'd be happy (maybe not the most appropriate word) to plan something.
        Obviously I have the running sheets for both Mornington Peninsula and the Reefton Spur runs - so we can either do one of those or I can plan another using some of my favourite roads through the Dandenongs/Gembrook/Jindivick/Neerim South/Noojee/Warburton/Reefton Spur (reverse)/Marysville/Healesville - and then somewhere for lunch.

Due to lack of time, the running sheets may not be as precise as previous runs, but the directions should be clear enough for even Clyde to follow. I probably won't have time to do a recce run, so it'll be a bit of educated guess-work on times etc.

So, if no one else puts his/her hand up then I guess I've dobbed myself in.
        (Committee) Please let me know if my suggestion is acceptable and I'll put it together - but don't leave it too long.......and I'll need numbers for lunch arrangements. (I have a couple of places in mind)
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Here is what I had planned was going to post more specifics later this week

Travel to Lorne via Geelong road and turning right at the famous roundabout for a bit of spirited driving. Travel back up GOR to Anglesea for lunch at the hotel.

The main beach is but 5 minutes away for families after lunch if the day is decent, paddle boats and speedboats for kids on the river across the road.

Sunday 24th is the day I was aiming at meant to be more family orientated than driving orientated.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

further to my post yesterday, I can pretty much confirm my non-attendance.

I just remembered that last time I had the car out it had some nasty sounding knocks coming from the front suspension - i suspect the product of hitting a BIG pot hole in brunswick (do you think that Moreland city council would be happy to pay for the repairs... seeing as they are unwilling to fix the roads?!?)...

anyway, the car is booked in at auto coupe on 25th feb to get new seats... so i'll be getting phil to have a look at the suspension whilst he is at it...

i think the reefton spur/warburton run was scheduled for later in the year... but hey it's such a good run it could easily be done twice!!

clyde or phil's(?) original idea was to have the run to a beach location whilst the weather is warm... the GOR run that we did (i thnk darren has the maps) stopping in lorne for lunch was a good'un.

cheers

rich
            Richard Griffiths
            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Sounds good Clyde (phew!)

Count both Julie and me in.

Notwithstanding, John Hoey and I have been talking about planning a run along the lines of my suggestion above (maybe not including Reefton Spur, but more oriented to Jindivick/Neerim South/Launching Place then through the Dandenong Ranges). Now with Clyde planning the February run, John and I will proceed with planning another for sometime in April/May - March is pretty busy with PI Historics and Easter......
              ..................OK John?
              Last edited by MrUpwey; 05-02-08, 10:52 AM.
              Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901

Comment

peter

don't forget the planned thredbo trip in april... but the run itself sounds great!

rich
                Richard Griffiths
                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by griffiths_r View Post
                  peter

don't forget the planned thredbo trip in april... but the run itself sounds great!

rich
                  Where do I find the calendar of events for 2008??
                  Peter Williams #049
                  Secretary TYP901

Comment

Peter - events are in the current magazine.Might be wary of a lot of traffic down that way considering it is still summer, but I am happy with that, sounds good.
                    Alex Webster

Comment

Count me in
                      I haven't been on a run in ages - looking forward to it.:p

Marcus C
                      '71 911 T 2.7
                      TYP 901 Register #16
                      Early 911S Register #2460
                      Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

Yes Peter, the Longwarry North to Gembrook run via Jindivick, any of the Neerims, Noojee, Gladysdale, Hoddles Creek is worth investigating. I've done most of it solo and it's great, but having a skilled mapmaker Like Mr WeyUp himself to assist with the plot might mean most folks do the run as intended - ie are not lost. It gets mildly tricky in spots.

I can't do the next run, but will be in touch by phone/email to see when we can reconnoitre the above one.
                        John H

70 T

Comment

Originally posted by johnh View Post
                          .......Mr WeyUp himself .......
                          Not lost on me John

Thanks Alex (and Rich), I knew I'd seen the program somewhere but couldn't remember where....guess I need to re-read the newsletter.

John & I will develop a run and we can fit it in to the calendar at an appropriate time - perhaps late Autumn or Spring.

I guess also that we need to start pushing the Thredbo weekend (Anzac Day weekend) if it's to be a goer - it'd be a pity if it was again postponed due to apathy. It's been on the calendar of events since Dec 2007 - enough advance notice to ensure that members have it indelibly marked in their 2008 diary. So, if any family/work event is planned for that weekend then the Thredbo event should take precedence.................

.........................................and the matter can be fully explained in the Family Court at a later date.:p

</IMG>
                          Peter Williams #049
                          Secretary TYP901

Comment

Meant to be more family than drive orientated in this case hopefully not too much if we don't leave it too late to leave
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President
                            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

.........bringing the new RS along Clyde?
                              Peter Williams #049
                              Secretary TYP901

Comment

Working...
                              X