Anglesea family run Sunday Feb 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anglesea family run Sunday Feb 24th

Our first run for the year is a leisurely drive towards Torquay via normal roads a short stop for morning snack then a slight detour to blow out a few cobwebs and check the handling then a leisurely drive back up the Great Ocean Road from Torquay to the Anglesea Hotel for lunch.

Lunch menu is very good lots of chice for kids also and a kids play room

After lunch the main Anglesea beach is less than 5 minutes away its always kid friendly and there are other water activities for the kids on the river across the road from the hotel.

Time for those new members, of whom we have plenty, to get to their first run.

More details will be sent Monday via email

Look forward to seeing as many old and new faces as possible
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

sorry clyde, not going to make it... already know my handling is stuffed!!
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

A few shots from our run today.
      Only 4 cars - Clyde in Phil's 993, Marcus C and Phil both in Albert Blues and KYJ.
      Finished up at Queenscliff to have a look at Phil's yacht and spied a beaut converted Coutta boat parked aft of it.
      Attached Files
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901
      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

looks like a great day fellas. pity i missed it...

so Clyde, how was the 993?!?
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Those of you who have seen the video of my ill fated attempts at taking some of the same 40kph bends at 80kph in my first RS (2005 Nationals) would have been delighted to see me punt Phils car (sorry Phil) through the same bends without a hint of panic or fear. That back is very, very stable in a newer car thats for sure.

Overall the car felt great, 6 speed manual, had lots of fun playing with all the gadgets on the way home and for a car thats done 180,000km its in great shape and drives very well and still sounds and feels like a Porsche!!
          Last edited by Terminator; 26-02-08, 10:50 PM.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde, 1996? Could not have been that long ago! Think you mean 2004 or 2005?Sorry I was not there, too much on leading up to PI! Hope the weather improved, it looks that way from the shots at Q'cliff.
            Alex Webster
            A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

I'm glad Peter Williams was able to come down to see Queenscliff Cruising Yacht Club as I suggested the idea of a family day down there for a BBQ with a run via the Bellarine Peninsula beforehand, maybe a visit to Scotchmans Hill to pick up a bottle for the Barbie ??

This would be a very simple run more aimed at families and spending a few hours at the Yacht Club whichhas excellent facilities we could virtually have to ourselves.

Maybe we shoud do this before the weather turns too cold ??
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
              X