Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsches With Purpose

Hi All,
    For any one interested I am hosting a Porsche only car show in Albury NSW on Sunday the 1st October.
    The main reason for the show, as in the title, it is a charity fundraising day for Kaleb McBernie, a young boy with Duchene's Muscular Dystrophy.
    The show will run from 10 am to approx. 2pm. $10 per vehicle to enter with all funds raised going to Muscular Dystrophy Australia.
    I have organised an 8 piece brass band, food and drinks will be available and activities for children.
    As stated, its mostly about raising money and awareness for a great cause but there will also be some great cars on show as well. There are plenty of early air cooled Porsches around Albury, surprisingly more than I imagined !!!
    I have already secured approx. 25 cars to display with quite a few more expected. From a nice 356 super 90 to a 2015 GT3.
    If any one would like to make a donation, I can supply tax deductible receipts from Muscular Dystrophy Australia.
    If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact me 0418 983201 or email kmichael1@yahoo.com.au
    Thanks for reading. Kansas

I wish to advise all members that following unanimous agreement by committee, our club has made a donation of $500 to this cause.
    We congratulate Kansas on his fundraising initiative for Muscular Dystrophy Australia.
    Unlike many fundraisers who just rattle tins and request donations, Kansas has organized a great day of entertainment, activities and a car show. We wish him well and trust that the day is a great success and raises a huge amount of money.
    I encourage any TYP901 members who are able, to take a run to Albury and join in the fun - if coming from Melbourne you can take a break at Euroa to view the National Show and Shine which is held on the same day.....take the family and make it a weekend in the beautiful North-East.

Peter Williams
    Secretary
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

2 great gestures well done guys

if anyone is interested I would be keen to go for a drive Make it a weekend trip. Perhaps organise a game of golf on the Saturday. Any others interested let me know.

Cheers guys

Comment

Thank you so much for the support gentlemen. Should be a great day. May i just add Quest Apartments Albury are very close to the venue and offering a discount on rates to our visitors. Regards, Kansas

Comment

The following email and photos were sent to me by Kansas to give us an update of his fundraising day for a worthy cause. On behalf of all TYP901 members we congratulate you Kansas on the success of the event.

Peter Williams
          Secretary

Hi Peter,

Our day went extremely well. The weather was perfect, a nice turn out of 25 cars and plenty of people passed through. We raised $5445 for Muscular Dystrophy Australia.

With many other events that weekend, I was very please with the 25 car turn out. We had a beautiful 356 speedster, some lovely 928's, a collection of 993's including a very nice turbo !
          Also, there were many 70's and 80's 911's, a Cayman and a stunning 964 which traveled down from Sydney. We had 3 visitors from Melbourne as well.
          My own project, a 1968 911T was on display in its very naked form of a bar shell just picked up from being dipped and stripped was a congregation and talking point among the many enthusiasts which took part in the day.

We held a silent auction with goods donated from various business and this was our biggest source of fund raising. B.W.A - Bob Whym's of Sydney must be congratulated as they played a big role with an extremely generous donation of a great collection of Porsche merchandise including a 911 pedal car ! The day was also well supported by local businesses.

Importantly, awareness of Duchene's was raised among the local community and some wonderful connections were made by those suffering from the dreadful disease.

We had 3 simple trophies awarded - Kayleb's choice, Peoples choice and Entrants choice. The very sporty looking and "race prepared" was Kayleb's pick of the day and also took the prize for Entrants choice.
          The People's choice award collected by my own favourite, the 356 Speedster.

Although it was a challenging journey to put something like this together, it was well worth the effort. The feedback and love shown by the family and community was great.
          I hope to have the time, strength and courage to undertake this event again next year and raise funds for another local cause/ organisation.
          I have learnt a lot along the way and made some great connections with some wonderful people within the Porsche community.

Thank you once again to Yourself and the TYP901 committee for your ongoing support.

Warm Regards,

Kansas Michael

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 8 photos.
          Last edited by MrUpwey; 18-10-17, 07:27 PM.
          Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901
          1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Working...
          X