Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for TYP901 to register under the NSW Historic Vehicle Scheme

Peter et al,

hi, i'd like the committee to consider becoming a recognised club under the NSW Historic Vehicles Scheme.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/regi...les/index.html

In the attached link is the information required by RMS and from my position it doesnt seem that much is needed, i know that the 356 Register (Vic based) is recognised and have many NSW members.

The driver for this is Porsche Club NSW is raping and pillaging the membership, latest brain fart is to charge members attending a drive social event $10/ head administration fee, this with more than $200,000 in the bank.

The vehicle scrutiny can be overcome by requiring members to supply a RWC every 12 months or 2 years.

I am prepared to operate as the Registers NSW representative.

thanks

craig

Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Craig

Will look into it for all NSW members
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by epilot View Post
      more than $200,000 in the bank
      Why on earth would a club need to hoard cash on such a scale? Sounds like they need to distribute more to members..

Comment

Porsche Vic has similar balances last time I saw a balance sheet
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

I willring the 356 President today and enquire as from what I read not a simple task at all for a body incorporated in Vic as I don't think you can incorporate in 2 different states
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
            I willring the 356 President today and enquire as from what I read not a simple task at all for a body incorporated in Vic as I don't think you can incorporate in 2 different states
            Clyde,
            i read it that you didnt need to be incorporated in 2 different states ? it was either or ?
            Craig
            1972 2.4E Targa project

Comment

WE must be reading different bits perhaps.
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

Originally posted by SM911 View Post

Why on earth would a club need to hoard cash on such a scale? Sounds like they need to distribute more to members..
                Exact issue I had with PCQ Scotty. They even wanted to spend the money on a 'club car' for developing drivers and trackside clubrooms When the floods affected Brisbane in 2011 they had over $150k in the account an only donated $20k to charity... If a club is sitting on that kind of coin, they're charging too much for membership and subsidising narrow focused activities.

Craig, as a FU to PCNSW, there are plenty of 'little' veteran and vintage or 'marque' car clubs at local level who are eligible under the scheme who don't charge anything like the "elite" clubs.
                John Forcier
                1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                Restoration Saga
                1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post

Exact issue I had with PCQ Scotty. They even wanted to spend the money on a 'club car' for developing drivers and trackside clubrooms When the floods affected Brisbane in 2011 they had over $150k in the account an only donated $20k to charity... If a club is sitting on that kind of coin, they're charging too much for membership and subsidising narrow focused activities.

Craig, as a FU to PCNSW, there are plenty of 'little' veteran and vintage or 'marque' car clubs at local level who are eligible under the scheme who don't charge anything like the "elite" clubs.
                  John,
                  yes, but i'd rather TYP901 be eligible ! i dont really want to be a member of Hunter Valley MG Car Club I think it's doable in light of the 356 Register eligibility, although it is entirely possible that i'm misreading the criteria.
                  Craig
                  1972 2.4E Targa project

Comment

John,
                    yes, but i'd rather TYP901 be eligible ! i dont really want to be a member of Hunter Valley MG Car Club I think it's doable in light of the 356 Register eligibility, although it is entirely possible that i'm misreading the criteria.
                    Given I hope to use the system here in NSW some time soon, I'm fully supportive of us somehow getting TYP901 working the system here
                    John Forcier
                    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                    Restoration Saga
                    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

As a member of the Australian 356 Register, I checked their rules and objectives and they include 'assisting members to obtain Club Permits'. I am not sure how that extends to other states. How did the call to their President Barry go Clyde? I dropped a line to his wife Ursula, the Sec of the 356 Registry, as well.
                      Last edited by Merv; 31-10-17, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Barry gave me the NSW Secretary name as he was not sure of the historical background at all

Will ring him in coming days
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President

Comment

Peter et al,

hi, i'd like the committee to consider becoming a recognised club under the NSW Historic Vehicles Scheme.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/regi...les/index.html

In the attached link is the information required by RMS and from my position it doesnt seem that much is needed, i know that the 356 Register (Vic based) is recognised and have many NSW members.

The driver for this is Porsche Club NSW is raping and pillaging the membership, latest brain fart is to charge members attending a drive social event $10/ head administration fee, this with more than $200,000 in the bank.

The vehicle scrutiny can be overcome by requiring members to supply a RWC every 12 months or 2 years.

I am prepared to operate as the Registers NSW representative.

thanks

craig
                          Hang in there Craig.... it pains me to see this given the 10+ years of work I did to start the historic scheme for PCNSW and get the registers going.

I agree the current decision is petty - and there are moves afoot to change it back. I've offered some assistance if its required.

But the Register Captain is one person on the committee. I was lucky that 10 years ago I was able to convince the committee and I had some more support ( the secretary was a 928 owner and a great supporter of registers).

Re the surplus - all I will say is that I remember when the club had no money - and were it not for the President of the time funding the club himself there might not be a PCNSW around now. I'd rather have a healthy surplus than the opposite!

JR
                          Justin Reed
                          aka Reedminor
                          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                          1961 356B #114700
                          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Investigations have shown this may be beyond possible but even if possible isn't going to happen in 10 minutes

We will continue to persue this option but in the meantime I have found an alternative for our members that is legit.

You will need to contact me direct to find out what that pathway is

Clyde@the-boyers.biz
                            0419 595813
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President

Comment

Working...
                            X