Classic Rallye Tasmania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Rallye Tasmania

I just signed up to do this with my father next year. https://www.tasvacations.com/attachm...allye_2018.pdf Anyone else done or planning to do?

Hi there I did the targa tour this year it was brilliant best experience I’ve had with my car highly recommended.

Comment

Im planning on doing Targa Tour - its on the to do list.

JR
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
      1961 356B #114700
      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Good to hear positive review Gus.

Figure it's the best way to get over the "fresh resto" jitters!

Comment

Be careful you say no I’ll yake it easy but the red mist decends and you go nuts

however the organisers are great at sorting cars and drivers into appropriate groups of around 7 so that your driving in a cohort that goes at same pace

as I said great experience went with great people and meet 2 other couples and after the days carcevent we did our own thing and found great restaurants etc one night we went to barnbougle golf course for dinner and saw an amazing sunset

these events just added to the car events

great fun

Comment

Sounds fantastic. I wondered how 'spirited' you could get .... is there still a speed limit even though the roads are closed?
            My father is 80 years old, but a real driver and spends most of his spare time on the road touring the country on his own .... he's the one I'll have to keep an eye on ....

Comment

I believe the stages are closed and you get to pre-run the course before the Targa competitor cars. That said I dont believe speed limits apply however you are flat out getting over 100 KPH on many of the Targa stages like (say) Elephant Pass. Tassie Targa roads are fantastic to drive on, especially if its dry conditions and you will quickly appreciate why these roads are chosen to run such an event. I have driven a couple of Rally Tasmanias years back which is mainly held in the northern part of the State and the roads are amazing and very demanding. My brother was huffing and puffing and sweating hard after the Hellyer Gorge stage of about 25 mins non stop corners. (He was driving that stage)

I tend to agree with Gus in that the red mist could easily descend once you get into some of the roads, especially when you know they are closed stages with no oncoming traffic. You want to enjoy your car and the whole event so dont put it off the road, especially if it starts raining. its a great way to see Tassie and be part of an amazing event as everyone goes Targa mad down there.

sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

It just keeps sounding better and better Phil!!

And well noted on the need for restraint ...

I have a set of brand new Avon CR6ZZ's (185 / 75 all around) or a set of Hoosier Speedsters (205 / 60 rears and 185 / 65 fronts) to choose from to help keep me on the road .... as well my father who will be moderating my driving with a slap to the head I'm sure!

Comment

They tell you not to go over 100ks but it’s absolutely not adhered to you go as hard as you dare. If your fast they move you to a fast group.

it rained almost everyday and it just made you focus even more

im telling it will make you appreciate your car you will have ball

Comment

Sounds like I should be looking for a Repro sports seat for passenger side ... I can imagine the standard seat could be a little hard to stay in with all the bends, even at reasonable speed.

Comment

If he is going along as the full time passenger/navigator, then he needs to be well seated or will sliding all over the place in a Comfort seat.
                      sigpicPhil Lack
                      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                      Early 911-S Registry # 690
                      R-Gruppe # 367
                      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Hmm .... pm sent Phil

Comment

Working...
                        X