CAMS Events Permits and Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAMS Events Permits and Insurance

There has been a significant change to the CAMS permit system for social ( non competitive ) events . You can now apply for a permit electronically -- upto 48 hours before the event -- and there is NO insurance or event fee payable unless you have to provide a certificate of insurance to say a venue operator ( such as a council for a concourse ) .The form and all details are on
    Motorsport Australia is a not-for-profit member-based organisation focused on the development, regulation and administration of motorsport across Australia.

The situation re the fee is quite unambiguous on this link and I have had it confirmed by a senior CAMS official just to be 110% certain.
    This means that we can now apply electronically for a permit any drives at short notice and that there is no messing around collecting small change to cover the $55 fee because there is no fee and the CAMS public liability insurance applies .This is progress.

John Shingleton

john - great work!!!!

so, your drive is back on??
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

I have just applied for a permit . Bit tight for the 48 hours notice but we'll see how good the system is .
      John

Comment

Sorry John,

Cannot attend - I remember the great drive we had last winter ... that would go down as one of the better ones.

I have committments and 2 cars to get prepared for the concours (as well as run it) the next weekend.

It would be great if more of the NSW stepped up like John to organise events... you're the state organiser aren't you Shane?:p I've had other things to attend to this year so typ 901 has not been front of mind... so i haven't been able to do this year what I've done in the past.
        Justin Reed
        aka Reedminor
        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
        1961 356B #114700
        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

i think this really means there is no need for anymore unofficial drives...
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

That's a relief Rich as I'm not a very good swimmer.
            In fact swimming for me is staying alive when I'm in water over my head.............and that's not very deep.

John, trust you and Shane will have a great drive this Sunday..........and hopefully a few more will join you.

Regards
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901
            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Justin,

I did notice that in the last publication

I asked at the last AGM to be taken off any reference to a State Organiser, Not sure why this hasn't been done, never mind I'm sure this year they can look for an official type person for NSW.

Unfortunately at this stage in my life with the two children and Maureen the opportunities for me to go on drives is very limited and I would be a disservice to the members who expect these runs to be organised with regularity.

I think it is a good point though, and we should have a 'leader' of sorts that organise these types of things. Or we all simply step up (ie all of NSW) and make suggestions and organise drives. I actually think if anyone has an idea put it up and see who says yes..

Shane

Comment

agreed Shane....

While ever I can I will... but this year has not been a good one ... I've had other fish to fry.

Hope the run went well... or did it go at all.... I noticed a fair bit of rain yesterday morning...
                Justin Reed
                aka Reedminor
                1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                1961 356B #114700
                Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
                X