Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Festival of Sports Car - Bathurst

Returned from Bathurst last night....

260 miles in a day in an old 911 and then I got to watch some historic racing!

Weather lovely in the morning ... drive up along the Bells Line of Road good fun... I even got an uninterrupted run up the Kurrajong Hillclimb .

Arrived just as the group SC was going out... everyone was having a go...

Morgan 1st (2.7 Carrera), Pye 2nd, Lawlor 3rd. These guys were having a ding dong go , and were doing low 2.40's. BT was going well, but had some sort of mechanical mishap, and Nick T exclaimed to me later in the pits with wide eyes he's seen his shift light flash in his Carrera 3 as he entered the chase.... in 5th gear!!! Those 260 Datsuns weren't hanging around either!

Lloyd Hughes also running in RS 1560, and seemed to be enjoying himself ( although I didn't get a chance to speak to him). Wayne Seabrook also having a red hot go in his ST replica keeping the 300bhp XU1's honest. 3rd in race one.

Then the weather deteroriated... just one race for the SC guys owing to stoppages to retrieve damaged cars. We got soaked at McPhillamy Park.

Drive home ferral ... suffice it so say I slept well last night.

Stupidly forgot to recharge digital camera batteries, so I'm waiting on a disc from my old high school friend Simon before I post some pics
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Justin I don't know where you were hiding, but what a great event. Mr C and I agreed to enter next year, I'm just subject to my license...

Sensational day standing on the top of the mountain, watching big opposite lock saves in the wet slippery conditions. RC and I had to laugh though.. Located on the billboard opposite was graffiti that read "Holden Rules" and "Brockie - King of the Moutain".

The Group S boys were really having a go all on wets and track drying. NT said the Chase was very interesting on Wets getting too hot. He said " I had to keep chasing the wet part of the track" sounding very like M Skaife....

We both agreed that it is great to see the circuit being used and we enjoyed the lack of beercan hat wearing onlookers....

Comment

Well done to all involved. The times seemed very quick!

Good to see that no one of the Porsche boys seemed to have any panel damage, but saw that BT dnf in the 2nd race - hope it is not too serious.

Glad you all had fun, very jealous!
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

NT - lucky your race suit is underpants brown! Any videos from the weekend?

Comment

Working...
        X