Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 PI 6 Hour

Yep, it is on again!

Date is 8th and 9th of August - earlier than the past.

I plan to enter one team (5 or 6 cars) with some people that have already expressed interest.

If we want to enter more than 1 team, that is fine, however someone needs to pick the ball and run with it quickly or you will miss out.

Entries were put out on friday, and if last year is anything to go by, we need to get the entries in by the end of the week - OR YOU WILL MISS OUT.

Cost is $1500 per team.

NOTE: we must now cover the cost to prepare numbers, (we already did this last year anyways).

Peter W, are you our team manager again?!

Express your interest guys and someone put their hand up asap!
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Alex, I'm free that weekend, so I guess so.
    This year I'm going to study the rules closely well before the event, crunch some numbers, work out some permutations and combinations, take away the number I first thought of and come up with a winning formula - I think from memory, if the rules are the same as last year (and I trust they are), then I did devise a way (after the event) that would give us a better chance........Ill just have to remember it .

I do know that one thing we need are drivers who are going to drive in all weather conditions (ie rain) - so Stewart and Hendo are out
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

..........I remember , it's all to do with FACTOR 2 (Av. diff between slowest and quickest lap times)
      .......and if you doubt me have a look at the results from last year. Factor 1 is far less critical
      Last edited by MrUpwey; 10-05-09, 09:03 PM.
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901

Comment

yep you are right.

The more drivers the less % weighting each driver has to the over all Factor 2 result. That is why many of the top teams ran 6 cars.

Simply, with four drivers, a adversely large disparity between fastest and slowest would have a 25% weighting, however with 5 it would only be 20%, and Approx 16% with 6 drivers.

That is the key!!

Thanks for helping out!
        Alex Webster

Comment

So the tactic is;
          • 5 or 6 drivers/team
          • nominate very, very conservative lap times for all drivers (5-10 seconds above what each driver is capable of, and even higher if it looks like rain on the day) Last year when it rained, laps times increased by up to 30 seconds.
          • don't be too concerned with laps achieved or penalty laps (Factor 1)
          Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901

Comment

Alex,

I'll put my hand up to make up your 6 if your short.

Comment

Hi guys,

we have already one full team - entered, paid and hand delivered tonight to the organisers.... entries opened when the supps regs were emailed out at 11pm on Friday night. When I got to the organisers house tonight, we were entry 27!!!!!!!

I know that there is another team could be made up, but as I said, I cannot organise it due to time contraints. Andrew Farmer and Paul Wischer have put their hand up, so with Tim Pritchard that makes 3. Hendo would go as well I am sure, and therefore another couple would make another full team.

If you want to run, someone needs to get it done by Wednesday at the latest, otherwise I fear you will miss out.

Sorry for not having the time to organise another team. Someone else needs to take the bull by the horns!
              Alex Webster

Comment

Did anyone else organise the 2nd team but still need some heads, I would happily sign on and pay my share if its been done and maybe Richard who is no longer a virgin would be up for it also
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Alex

Thanks for the call the other day, but I think it's not this year for the white car. Ive also spoken to RC and NT and although I'm not wanting to speak for them I think it's unlikely they'll be up for it either. Sadly it's Oran Park instead. Not as sexy as PI but it may be one of the last events there.

Good luck boys and have fun !

Comment

Clyde I fear you are too late.

Mark T had a team that he got in with 2 Mustangs and 2 911's. But I don't know if he has room for more - contact him.

Sorry guys

Beggs - no prob mate
                    Alex Webster

Comment

Having dipped my toe in the water (literally) at Phillip Island on the weekend I would be keen to do the 6 hour.

I have two friends planning to do it with the Maserati Club (they are in 911's - GT2 & GT3) so probably wouldn't mind changing to our side.

I'll ask them and be in touch, so if there are three others keen to enter we might have a team.

BTW thanks to everyone at Phillip Island on the weekend for the advice, pointers and encouragement on the track. Very much appreciated.

Cheers
                      Tom
                      Tom Walstab
                      Member #142
                      911L Silver 1968
                      911T Colour? 1969 Work in progress
                      928GTS Iris Blue 1995
                      911 997 Targa 4S Black
                      Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
                      Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Comment

Tom,

Count me in if you get it organised, Alex seems to think entries are closed however
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President
                        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde, entries are still open, however when we put our entry in last Monday week, 2 days after entries opened, they already had 27 entries. By all means get an entry in but don't be suprised if you don't get in.

Tom, glad you had fun on the weekend.
                          Alex Webster

Comment

Originally posted by gouldwil View Post
                            ..........I remember , it's all to do with FACTOR 2 (Av. diff between slowest and quickest lap times)
                            .......and if you doubt me have a look at the results from last year. Factor 1 is far less critical
                            new scoring system this year. much closer to the CAMS regularity. no FACTOR 2 b/s.
                            GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Originally posted by hmd View Post
                              new scoring system this year. much closer to the CAMS regularity. no FACTOR 2 b/s.
                              Thanks Hung

I've just finished developing a strategy to ensure a podium finish using the old scoring system :p - looks like it's back to the sliderule

For those interested in the 2009 event rules etc, see attached link.

Last edited by hmd; 25-06-09, 01:12 PM.
                              Peter Williams #049
                              Secretary TYP901

Comment

Working...
                              X