Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandown Historics 2009

Hello all,

the Sandown Historics are being held the weekend after Cup Weekend.

As there are so many 901'ers competing in their cars, I thought I would open the invitation to all members that are in Melbourne to come and have a look. As competitors we all get passes, so I am sure we can find some to distribute to members to get in.

I will set up the 901 tents (Phil expect a call today), and ensure that all the 901's are in the same area as we have had in previous years.

There should be a massive field, as always, and there are even some 901'ers planning on coming from north of the border - you know who you are!

So let me know if you want to come and have a look. Could be a good way to catch up, and if someone like Peter Williams want to organise an informal run to finish at Sandown on either the Sat or Sun I am sure it would be well attended.

Sorry we cannot get your cars into the paddock as it will be over crowded as it is.

Hope to see you there.

Alex
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

sometimes I wish I lived in melbourne! I would see a few more 901's!

I guess the classic adel will bring them out.

thanks alex

Comment

I will be doing regularity only.
      Any interstate visitor needing accomodation, I have a room with queen bed available about 15 minute from the track via East Link.
      Let me know.

Hung.
      GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Unfortunately (or fortunately for most) I'll be in Yarrawonga from 6-8 Nov., otherwise would certainly be there. Good luck Alex, Hung and others.
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Hung why only regularity?
          MichaelJapp
          71E
          Typ901 #065
          EarlyS #798

Comment

Jappy,

I haven't driven the car for a while, knee surgery and o/s work.
            So I don't want to get in the thick of door to door at Sandown, there's not a lot of room there between Stan and Bryan already. I don't want to be a moving chicane in between those 2

Comment

Well, Sandown has been run and won!

Graet to see so many 901'ers out there on the weekend.

We had a great setup next to the pits. Lots of great racing and laughs.

Also great to see Spencer out there in his car in both regularity and Group S. He got his licence on the Friday and they let him run - I think he had a ball!

Jappy made the trek down from Hay again, with family in tow. His newly rebuilt motor was still being run in, but he also had lots of fun.

Hung was back on the track in Regularity and did well, and the car stayed together! Even better!!

John Ashby had a problem with his car, and did not take part on Sunday. Tony Roger also had a small issue with his oil pressure, but believes it to be just a sender issue and not mechanical.

Marcus had Goldmember out in probably its last race with the old motor before the big beefy one goes in for PI next year. He had some electrical issues but otherwise had a great weekend.

Mark Johnson won all of this races in the S/T - awesome effort!

Dad and I both had fun and no problems with our cars which is always nice. I did have my throttle linkage drop off in a regularity run, but 2 minutes with Spencer and it was fixed! I even did a PB of 1.30.9! Woo hoo!

Videos did not work in the last two races as the batteries ran out in the Flip! The first race it was set too low! So no videos from the races sorry!!
              Last edited by alexwebster; 09-11-09, 09:42 PM.
              Alex Webster

Comment

a BIG thank you to the busy beavers who went to the track early Thursday arvo to setup the spot for all of us.

I think we also have found a new master chef contestant

p.s. did you ever wonder why you had throttle linkage problem after you jumped and stayed in front of Spencer for race 1 You need to check if you have wide open throttle now.

Comment

Originally posted by alexwebster View Post
                  Well, Sandown has been run and won - but not by any of us!!
                  I think you forget a Gp Sb class win!!!

Some great driving by Alex "nipping at the heels" (& beating) the 2.8 & 3.0l guys.

great weekend, although bloody warm in the car, I'll check to see if my video worked from the "back of the pack" view.
                  Jappy
                  MichaelJapp
                  71E
                  Typ901 #065
                  EarlyS #798

Comment

What a weekend!

Great to see so many typ901 competitors.

Mark and I had a very successful weekend in the Classic Road and Track ST replica with Mark taking out three 1st Outright and three class wins in the Under 3lt Historic Touring car category. We had some more early Porsches to compete with with Darren Hill in his brand new 911 and two interstate 911s. Mark held off attacks from a super quick RX2 rotary and BMW 2002. Great racing to watch with Darren very competitive in the untested 911. Unfortunately the two interstate Porsches suffered problems over the weekend and didn't get too close to Mark and Darren.

Mark Clair put one off his cameras in Marks car in qualifying and has already put it up on youtube. I'll do the same with my footage soon.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i19Tgba4Nrc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/i19Tgba4Nrc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i19Tgba4Nrc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Congrats and thanks to Spencer for getting his CAMS licence, getting our car ready and giving us a hand over the weekend.
                    David Belford
                    Typ 901 Register Inc.

Comment

Very nice, the video from that little camera is great, & no wires.
                      MichaelJapp
                      71E
                      Typ901 #065
                      EarlyS #798

Comment

Sorry Dave and Mark, did not mean to forget your guys! Mark drove beautifully all weekend. There were two other S/T's out in Group N which was great to see, and lots of 911's in the Biante series! Porsche heaven!

Great video from Mark Clair, shows how much poke the 2.3 has!!
                        Alex Webster

Comment

Hung, I did get past Spencer and Browning, but the Pantera stuffed that up when he held me up thorugh the S's and Dandenong Road. Once they were back up behind me, they had the grunt to get past!

Oh well, was nice to show them the flames coming out of my exhaust!!!!
                          Alex Webster

Comment

My videos are not worth while posting, although they do document my yellow flag "incident"
                            MichaelJapp
                            71E
                            Typ901 #065
                            EarlyS #798

Comment

lol
                              Alex Webster

Comment

Working...
                              X