Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYP901 Secretary resigns

Hello members,

by now many of you will have received an email from the former secretary of the club advising of her resignation.

Whilst I will not go into each and every point raised in the email, you should know that the club will continue to be efficiently and effectively run by the committee which still includes the original founders of the group as it existed under the loose Yahoo chat group prior to the Register's incorporation.

The committee remains focused on the ideals of the members of this club being the promotion and preservation of these early cars. After all, this was the reason myself and Brett started the club in the first place.

We shall advise all members via this board and other communications of the new contact details for the Club Secretary. In the meantime, feel free to direct any matters of a secretarial nature to myself via email or PM on this board.

email is: plack@ozemail.com.au
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Well,
    I'D like to thank LISA GREGORY for all of her hard work, dedication and enthusiasm for all things AUSTRALIAN TYP 901 REGISTER.

Being new to these wonderful cars two and a half years ago, I've been nothing but absolutely impressed with her selfless effort in regards to the club, and her willingness and eagerness to share her unquestioned knowledge with all members, expecting nothing in return but a similiar 'devotion to the cause', nothing more, nothing less.

It's a pity when these situations occur, especially within this register, as I thought it was meant to be an 'antidote' to previous experiences at other clubs where egos, opportunities for financial/commercial gain, general bullheadedness, and all matter of other agendas had soured the experience for a lot of people. I may have missed something, but I thought it was all about the enjoyment of these cars, and the people who appreciate them.

Whoever takes up the vacated position will have unbelievably big shoes to fill, you can't replace someone like Lisa, I'm sure whoever it is will do a great job, but there will be a great gap present.

Lisa made mention in her email of becoming an 'ordinary member', I know she'll still be an extraordinary member in the future.

I'm hooked on these cars, the 901 (or 902?) will do that to you, but a part of this is also due to Lisa's enthusiasm and love for these iconic cars, I'm sure I'm not the only one she's had this effect on!

THANKS AGAIN LISA.

Comment

From the USA, and one of four functioning Early 911S board members, I would like to second what Mark most eloquently stated…

Lisa's commitment, professional competence, and personal touch as this club's contact person will be GREATLY missed up here in the States as well as down there…

She's a breath of fresh air in this sometimes scruffy 'fraternity', with a knowledge base that should be envied and respected by all…

I look forward to Lisa's contributions as an extraordinary member to this board, our S Registry board, and to the whole Porsche and auto enthusiasts community...

Cheers to you Lisa,
      Chuck Miller
      The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
      Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
      R Gruppe #88

Comment

I too would like to publicly thank Lisa for her work with the founding of the register (along with others) and the tireless countless hours of work that she has put in to ensure TYP901 events and the future of the register is secure.

Her love and knowledge of Porsche, in particular 901's is unquestionable, and clearly leave 99% of us in the register shaking our heads how much she knows (and how little we do). Her family's reputation, supoprt, and knowledge is something that as a register, we never lose. Thank god she will be a Foundation Member forever!!!

It is a pity that in a club filled with so many great people, that once again political b#llsh*t seem to get in the way of a club taking truly great stature. Many of you will have seen this before first hand at so many other clubs, and I had hoped and thought that this club would be able to steer well clear of this. To my great disappointment, it was Lisa that has packed her bags and left the register with a significant hole to fill.

I urge members to vocalise their thoughts (albeit positive or negative) as we are the only ones that can make a difference. We all pay our subs, we all attend functions, and it is only the members that in the end, who can democratically through voicing their opinions, change the way in which the club continues. I personally joined the club to have fun, enjoy our cars, and meet some new people, all of which has been achieved so far. I do not have any aspirations on being on Committee. However, I must say, the Committee is not running the United Nations, and as a result, how bloody hard can it be for people to get along who all have the same so called 'ideals' at heart for the Register.

At some point in the near future, we will all have the ability to ensure that we place our club in capable hands of people that can ensure the future of the register is assured. We have already lost one person who has given and sacrificed a huge amount of her own time for the great god of the club. These types of people do not come around often, and most certinaly will not re-enter the club at a Committee level upon leaving under such circumstances.

Let's (as the members) ensure that we as a collective unit of people, don't let the few, ruin it for the majority. No one wants friction, we want fun and action. So I urge Committee to put personal issues behind them (if they do or don't exist), and think about the greater good of the register and its members. Remember we vote, and if you don't do a good job, you're out!!
        Alex Webster
        A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Lisa.... Thankyou.....

I'll quote another inspirational woman.

"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace"

Amelia Earhart..

Lisa enjoy your peace... you will be missed in the secretarys capacity, although I suspect now the posts may become a little more saucy!!

Shane

Comment

Lisa, thank you for your help in the past and thank you for all of your efforts in helping to create a wonderful organisation and resource for lovers of these early cars.

I look forward to meeting you in person one day!
            Cam Arnott
            Looking for engine #6208151
            1970 911E (Sold)
            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
            2 x Split Screen Kombis
            TYP 901 Register # 78
            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Working...
            X