Family Run down to Queencliff ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Run down to Queencliff ??

Who would be interested in a Family day run down to Queenscliff ?

Reason I ask is that I am a member of Queenscliff cruising Yacht Club on Swan island and last weekend was down there and the Jaguar Club had a run down there and a BBQ lunch. Our facilities there are excellent with indoor and outdoor BBQ's plus a new wood fired oven we have just built.

we have a full kitchen wiith all plates, cutlery etc plus a large indoor area if weather is bad with a wood stove and an upstairs bar area.

It seems to me we could have a drive down to the Bellaraine Penisnsula area, possibly visit Scothmand Hill winery for morning tea then drive another 20-25 mins to Queenscliff and onto the island. there's plenty of room to park lots of cars, an excellent area for kids to play and explore, beach walks (if you want), resident kangaroos to spot, and bird life galour.

the run would be fairly mundane but its more about having a family day rather than boys only and fast roads.

Wifes and kids could even drive down in the family car allowing the 911's a bit more space to exercise as Queensliff offers some interesting shopping and coffee shops.

The club would organise the catering and would have fresh pizzas and a BBQ available for all to enjoy plus (maybe) freshly baked brownies and coffee for afters.

Its an easy 1.5 hrs drive from Melbourne down there so no need for early starts.

Suggested time frame is sept or Oct for better weather.

Show of hands who would like to participate ?
    Last edited by e72phil; 27-07-10, 10:05 PM.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

right hand up.
    GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Sounds good. Select a date and lock it in. (Not Sept 12th or Oct 24th)
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901
      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Yes, Should have car back by then.
        Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

As the Queenscliff Sorrento car ferry leaves on the hour you could always make it a round trip.
          Mick

Comment

i'll put my hand up... might bring the boring car only if i try for the family outing.
            Richard Griffiths
            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

depending on the weekend Sara and I would be interested in coming along. As long as Mr Upwey does not mind me bringing along the air conditioner.
              Costas
              95 993 Carrera Coupe
              & a lesser 14 Audi A6 Quattro 3.0L TDI bi turbo (Daily Drive)

Comment

Guys, I will work on some dates and post suggestions.

Our new wood fired oven has been completed so we will have some gourmet pizzas for lunch plus BBQ for others if needed.

The Sorrento ferry return trip could be a great option for those that live on that side of town. Its a one hr trip and then about 1 1/4 hours back to town.
                Attached Files
                sigpicPhil Lack
                R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Phil, happy to help with pizza oven. I put one in about 18 months ago and have modestly learned the art of cooking in a wood oven. I could make a batch of dough the night before and bring it in up during the drive. I could roll the dough and help make the pizzas too. The rest is very easy. Don't hesitate to ask, this is of course subject to the suitability of the date.
                  Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

Thanks Paul, am yet to start cooking in the oven but cannot wait. we have a lot of amateur chefs down at the club who cant wait to try some roasting challenges like baby goat and suckling pig, as well as the pizzas.

My schedule is getting crazy over the next few months but will try to set a date that suits most of us.
                    sigpicPhil Lack
                    R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Goat and lamb slow roast in the wood oven, drop in some dough for hot fresh bread - nectar of the gods.

You may have been given advice about starting the oven for the first time. In my case, I was advised to light three fires over a period of a week, starting from a very small fire, to medium and large fire on the third occasion.

I also strongly advise you tile the dome as the concrete skin will crack.

I have a cracker recipe for dough I can email you. The secret is to make it the day before, cold rise in the fridge, and let it rest at room temperature for about 1 hour and half before rolling. A generous use of olive oil and a little semolina is also good.

Bon apetito
                      Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

What is it with you two - TYP901 Masterchef . Give me meat and three vegies any day:p
                        Peter Williams #049
                        Secretary TYP901
                        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Originally posted by gouldwil View Post
                          What is it with you two - TYP901 Masterchef . Give me meat and three vegies any day:p
                          Easy Peter; Prosciutto, tomato, rocket and basil - meat and three veg.
                          Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

Paul... You will realise soon that mr upwey is a simple country bumpkin...
                            Richard Griffiths
                            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Paul, pls do send the recipe. we are all amateur Masterchefs down at Queenscliff over the summer and really enjoy some excellent meals including my paella full of locally caught seafood.
                              sigpicPhil Lack
                              R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Working...
                              X