101010 Concours in Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

101010 Concours in Sydney

This is the first major AUS concours Pebble Beach standard to be organised here.
    The Porsche item of interest will be Derek Bell MBE as one of the judges in this 2 day event which will be conducted at St Pats at North Head - just near me !
    I will be there both days - anyone else coming ?

Cheers,
    Dennis.

Dennis,

you should also check out www.motorclassica.com.au which I would also suggest is a major Concours of national status.

Perhaps some cars coming to the Sydney event will also appear in Melbourne ? the Melbourne event has been marketed for the past year or so and I keep getting fabulous quality litereature in the mail every so often.

The Melb event will be held at the Royal exhibition Buildings in melbourne - a fitting venue for classic cars on 22-24 October this year.

Just to add to this, there is a classic car picnic organised around this event which i think TYP901 should consider attending. Pls go to http://www.motorclassica.com.au/picn...-the-classics/ to read about it.

I will separately post this to the Club Events and announcements section.
    Last edited by e72phil; 16-08-10, 11:54 AM.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

... anyone going ... ??

Dennis.

Comment

Not me DB... but I expect a comprehensive written and photographic report...

Preparing for PCNSW concours on October 31.
        Justin Reed
        aka Reedminor
        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
        1961 356B #114700
        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

I am going to motorclassica with our 356 GT, would be good to see some familiar faces!
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Sorry Dennis not me either.

Hope the weather improves.

Comment

I went out to the Concourse at Manly today . Beautiful setting and nice feel about it . Very well organised .Good crowd. Some very nice cars but not a single Porsche on display or in the Concourse section ! Looks like it could be an annual event . We should try and get a few cars out there next year .

John Shingleton

Comment

An excellent spring day at St Pats on the hill at North Head.
                I got there at about 10:30 and started looking at some (very) vintage bikes and turned around to see the honarary chief judge standing right behind me !
                I reminded him that the last time I saw him in Australia,he was splashing around Warwick Farm in a Tasman Dino in the rain in January 1969.I suspect it was a forgettable race for him as he just laughed !
                I said I was an early 911 owner and he asked where all the 911s were - must get onto the organisers about this as there was only a black 356 speedster to represent the marque.
                The show was well laid out over several levels on the hill and looked to be well organised but parking was a nightmare with no on site parking and the surrounding streets were either 2 hour or resident only parking.
                Overall, I would like to see the show there again in the forseeable future.
                The standout car of the show was a Bugatti 57 Ventoux in yellow/black from 1937.
                Some pics are attatched.

Cheers,
                Dennis.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X