There's another Wakefield Park event 17,18,19th Sept 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's another Wakefield Park event 17,18,19th Sept 2010

Yep another weekend of racing, but under the HSRCA banner and I hope it will be the first outing for the red car!

I wont be setting any records.....

Details attached for those that are interested. Tickets for those that are in need.

Cheers Andrew
    Attached Files

How did the car go Tiger?
    Any photos or video to post of the red machine in action?

Comment

Car went flawlessly. Considering it's 40 years old and is the same engine from the factory it's a testament to Porsche and German design.

Equally is the performance of the little 2.0litre. Proven English Group Sb (pre 1970) production cars with highly developed engines and many years of racing experience, were only able to put the stock 2.0litre in the middle of the pack. No wonder they hate Porsches.

Along this theme, I pulled up at the dummy grid for the first practice session and I got, "how did you get that in to Sb". I said it was a 1969 with a 2.0litre motor, which is permitted under the rules. Not happy Jan.....

This was not to be the position taken by all. Many people were great and we had some very clean and fun racing. I had what I consider great results, these being 12, 11, 9 and then handed over to Mr C, for a play in the last race. I suspect, I could have finished 6th or 7th (mainly through English attrition) in the last race if I remained in the car, but Ryan's car had warped a flywheel and was destined for the mechanics, not racing. Incidentally, Ryan got 10th from the back of the grid, not bad for a car he had never driven.

I think Mr C had fun in the last race, although it was a big step backwards in performance compared with his car. I suspect over the coming years, we are going to have some fun with the HSRCA boys.

I must say a great weekend by all accounts, except for Ryan's problems. Good company and a lot of fun. The group Sc boys were there, they helped and encouraged us in the minor premier level. Thanks TL.

No pics, Matt Harte was going to pop down, except got help up at work. Did however find these 2 crappy ones taken with my phone of Ryan in my car. (also found one of my new exhaust that I had made for the Rally car and transferred over before last weekend)

Video unit was playing up except for the last race, typical ! I'm learning how to post to Youtube so I'll update this post once completed, for those who are interested.
      Attached Files

Comment

Tiger, great result for you in your first group s meeting. Will be great to have the three 901's out on the track together soon. I feel a sub register coming on!
        Aren't our little cars just the best!
        Alex Webster
        A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Well done Andy! Nice to see a result for all that hard work preparing the car.

Comment

Great work Andrew, the result of a lot of hard work I imagine..

Comment

Super stuff Andy!
              Cam Arnott
              Looking for engine #6208151
              1970 911E (Sold)
              '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
              2 x Split Screen Kombis
              TYP 901 Register # 78
              Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Nice work gents.
                John Forcier
                1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                Restoration Saga
                1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Well done AB.
                  Will we be graced with your presence at Sandown historic ?
                  GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Thanks all.

Hung, no sadly I have a family to spend some time with.....

Phillip Island, next year. alex keep me posted when the regs come out.

Anyone from VIC coming to the Tasman Revival Meeting at Eastern Creek in Nov 26-28th ???

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew B View Post
                      Anyone from VIC coming to the Tasman Revival Meeting at Eastern Creek in Nov 26-28th ???
                      Tiger, the 356 Parade is on the 28th and we usually have a display there... I presume we'll be there again this year. Phil?
                      Peter Williams #049
                      Secretary TYP901
                      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

I know where I'd rather be !

Will make new thread for Tasman Revival.

Comment

That is another reason for me not being at the Tasman. Bugger!
                          Alex Webster
                          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Working...
                          X