Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vic Run - Sunday 8th June

Jinks Creek Winery Run - Sunday 8th June

It's about time that we in Vic have a club run before winter really sets in.
    On a suggestion from our esteemed treasurer, Rich, I did a bit of a recce today to Jinks Creek Winery located in Tonimbuk (20km east of Pakenham). The owner, Andrew Clarke, is a TYP901 member - he has an original Melb delivered '73 Targa. (yellow) and will have it on display in the carpark on the 8th.

The day will involve a 3 hour run and lunch at the winery

I haven't finalized the route yet, but briefly my thoughts are that we will commence at Boronia Maccas (as in some previous runs), head over the Dandenongs and round-a-bout roads to Healesville (incl Myers Creek Road - a past favourite). Morning tea at Beechworth Bakery (Healesville). Then on to Jinks Creek Winery via Woori Yallock, Launching Place, Powelltown & Neerim South. Great roads which we've done in past runs.

I'll do the run tomorrow (in the Touareg) and prepare a run sheet which will be emailed to all Vic members when completed.

The run will be along some great roads with magnificent scenery and I encourage all members to bring along their partner or a friend for the day - apart from providing company, they may be useful as navigators and camera operators.

As always, I stress that we will be staying within all road speed limits and will be driving responsibly and to the road conditions on the day for the enjoyment and safety of everyone, especially passengers.

I spoke with the owners Andrew and Abby today and they host many car club functions there - in fact they have a car club booking on Sunday 22nd June for 70 people (not sure which club)
    The food looks good - you can either order off the menu, or they have a set menu (incl wine) for $30 a head.

If you want to know more about the winery, click on the attached link.

You wanted a run - so now's the time to put your hands up. I trust we'll get at least 6-10 cars and at least 16-20 people to make the effort worth while.

Please post ASAP if you're coming as I need to provide numbers to the winery for catering purposes.
    Last edited by MrUpwey; 21-05-14, 08:24 PM.
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

I'm in

Comment

Pencil me in, too... probably just me at this stage, and possibly won't stay for lunch! Sorry if that sounds vague, but we are juggling a lot of stuff at home at the moment, so I won't know until probably the week of the drive.
      Last edited by markymark_1968; 22-05-14, 01:40 PM.
      Mark Munro
      '69 911T (sold)
      '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
      '69 MG Midget Group S car
      TYP901 Register #196

Comment

BTW, If you can't make the run, you're very welcome to go directly to the winery for lunch. It's less than an hour from Melbourne along the Princes Freeway, about 19 km east of Pakenham turn left at Tonimbuk Road (large green sign)and the winery is 600m past the end of the bitumen.
        Why not treat the family to a day out :p
        Be there at around 12:30pm

When responding in the affirmative, please let me know numbers.
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901

Comment

I am in too but its the long weekend isn't it?
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Bugger...if it's the long weekend, then I'm probably out...
            Mark Munro
            '69 911T (sold)
            '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
            '69 MG Midget Group S car
            TYP901 Register #196

Comment

yep, it's the long weekend...
              Richard Griffiths
              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

It is the Queen's Birthday weekend which means you can sleep in and clean the car on Monday.
                I've just spoken with HRH and she can't make it - she and Phil have a previous commitment with the Land Rover Club

I chose the 8th as the winery has no large group bookings on that day. They have a booking for 50 on the 15th and 70 on the 22nd which would mean that we'd have long waiting times to be served - after that we're too far into winter and cold weather.
                Long weekends mean nothing to a retiree.:p

Today I did the full run and even if I say so myself, it's up there with the best of them.
                Briefly, we start a Boronia Maccas then head over the Dandenongs via Sassafras, Olinda, Monbulk and Silvan to Woori Yallock. From there we take Summerhill and Killara Roads to Coldstream and then to the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie at Yarra Glen for morning tea. Travel time approx. 1.3hr and 70km with one stop on the way.
                From there we head to Healesville, Woori Yallock and Launching Place to Yarra Junction where we turn off to travel some great roads through Powelltown to Neerim South before arriving at Jinks Creek Winery at around 12:30pm
                Total distance approx 190km from Boronia to JKW.
                Attached are a few photos along the route -- including a lookout stop for photos at Neerim Sth.

I'll now prepare a run sheet which will be emailed to Vic members next week.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by MrUpwey; 26-05-14, 11:14 AM.
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901

Comment

But Peter, there's a section of dirt in your pics ! Cant have that.

Long weekend does make it hard for some who have other commitments for the entire weekend (we arent all retired yet).
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

We can make it Sunday 15th if preferable for a majority of members - it's OK with the winery, so long as you don't mind sharing the place with 50-60 other patrons (Gippsland Car Club). However, it would need to be an overwhelming preference for the 15th.

Gus and Clyde, is the 15th still OK for you both? (as you're the only one's to accept so far)

In saying this, I really prefer the 8th as I think it would be more enjoyable with fewer people and Andrew (host) would be able to spend more time with us to talk Porsches - he really is looking forward to showing us his car. He wouldn't be able to spend much time with us on the 15th as he would be too busy.

However, we must decide ASAP (by early next week)to make a firm booking!!!
                    Peter Williams #049
                    Secretary TYP901

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                      But Peter, there's a section of dirt in your pics !
                      Yeah, they un-made it last weekend!!!

I'm in for the 8th, not the 15th.

Assume this will be a committee meeting too?
                      Richard Griffiths
                      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by griffiths_r View Post
                        .....I'm in for the 8th, not the 15th.
                        Assume this will be a committee meeting too?
                        OK, the 8th it is.
                        Peter Williams #049
                        Secretary TYP901

Comment

I'm good either weekend hmmmm what does that say about my social life !

Comment

Me too, 8th it is then, wife #4 is away that weekend so I can stay over
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President
                            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I'm in!

Depending on the start time and as I have to come from Romsey, I'll probably meet you all at the winery.

Comment

Working...
                              X