Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sydney get together 05/06 August

Guys

I am starting a new thread on this so everyone is alerted to it.

Cameron Arnott instigated this event as he will be in Sydney, and El Prez and Brett Ditchfield are going to be in Sydney at the same time. So its a great opportunity for some interstate bonding.

I would like to nail down rough numbers in the next week or so. Partners as always are both encouraged and hugely welcome.

The plan is a get together around 5pm Sat 05 August, at our place in Mosman followed by dinner at a local restaurant.

Sunday 06 Aug morning drive, Justin and Hippo have suggested some routes. By the sound of it it might be better if its a morning only event rather than lunch etc - we will get more starters I think, and it sounds as if Cameron has a bit of a time issue. So Justin and Andrew do you guys want to sort out the business end and leave the social side to me?

Checking the posts to date, we have:

Tony dinner+run solo (Louise has something else on)
    Phil dinner+(want a ride?)
    Brett dinner+(want a ride?)
    Cameron dinner+(want a ride?)
    Ryan dinner+run
    Nick dinner+run
    Justin dinner+run
    Dennis dinner+(want a ride?)
    Andrew dinner+run
    Paul dinner+run

Any others please let me know asap, and also those above who will be with partners for the Sat evening.

Justin are there any others who might enjoy this like the Berrima run?

Mr Rudd - whats happening with you at the moment - can you make it?

tonyc

Tony,

Using the events section. Tony.. wonders will never cease.....

If dinner is partner friendly count me in 4 2....

Re the run... I'm a fan of shortish ones and a brekkie / morning tea somewhere. Putty Road is great if all you want to do is drive. I like a bit of a balance and still be home by lunch time...

I've done a Pacific Hway, Mangrove Mountain run and been home by 1pm...

WE'd need to be on the road ... meeting up around Dural /Galston / Berowra by 730am 800am..
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Tony

I'm solo for dinner and would be keen for a seat if we could be back by about mid day.

Thanks for organising this.
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Tony - Hi,

I have a charity event where the Private Bank is hosting 3 tables ("Day of Difference" - Sophie Delezio) on that night. So at this point I'm trying to arrange a substitute for me, may sound a little harsh to not go, however I have already raised $5000 for this charity and are walking in the City to Surf with 80 odd people aswell.

The good news is Maureen is Ok with the dinner (type 901) as it is my Birthday and I get to choose how I spend it. (Friday night is the actually b'day and we are spending it as a family so a couple of ticks there)

In relation to the run, I'm still getting the car back together, door frames and windows are not in as yet, and the weekends have been flat out since the car came back from ZAGS. I hope to put a big hole in the door work by end of next weekend.

The car is still idling like a pig, I still need to get hold of a spark plug changer for the car as I have changed all but 2 plugs, and without the correct tool it is a bastard... - this by the way has not changed the running of the car. (along with the jet cleaning)

So - I'm a tentative for the dinner (erring on the yes definitely side) and the run may be a no depending on the car.

Shane

Comment

kao and i are in for the dinner - so long as someone provides detailed instructions to this 'mosman' place you talk of... i'm assuming that i have to cross that big bridge thingy.

also keen for an early AM run on sunday - i may even be able to lend one of the travellers a car (or at least a ride) if the RS is back together. note the 'if'.

Comment

Originally posted by OBRUT
            kao and i are in for the dinner - so long as someone provides detailed instructions to this 'mosman' place you talk of... i'm assuming that i have to cross that big bridge thingy.

also keen for an early AM run on sunday - i may even be able to lend one of the travellers a car (or at least a ride) if the RS is back together. note the 'if'.
            Thats OK Ryan, I know the way to Tony's place.Follow me.

I hope to have Brett with me but am sure he would like to ride along in another car and chat, so I might have a spare seat for Cameron or whoever.
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I'll have a seat as well ..... on Sunday
              Justin Reed
              aka Reedminor
              1961 356B #114700

Comment

Chris & Leonie are starters for the dinner and the am run

Comment

Shane -keep us posted as it would be great to have you along seeing as you missed the last one.

tonyc

Comment

I am Ok with either suggested Sunday run...and whats wrong with a ten minute cuppa and a three hour fang anyway Justin !!

Seriously...suggest if you meet at Macca's Pennant Hills we can stop at the road warriors cafe on the old road for a cuppa and the on to wisemans for a brekkie/brunch I know of a nice places with good off street parking....or you can go the other way round.

Should be back by lunchtime if you start at 7.30.

Comment

Tony ,
                      I can confirm my Maureen and I would love to be included in the Dinner.

Shane

Comment

Hippo,

That was exactly what I had in mind....

Pacific Highway / Mangrove Mountain / Over the punt @ Wisemans....

Brunch @ Wiseman's

3 hours drive and 5 mins rest indeed.
                        Justin Reed
                        aka Reedminor
                        1961 356B #114700

Comment

I have made a booking at our local Vietnamese (very nice) for 05 August 8pm, for approx 16 - 20 persons. Its a BYO only and the cost is $42/head including corkage for a banquet menu. I will need to confirm numbers a week beforehand, but it currently looks like:
                          Tony+Louise
                          Phil
                          Brett
                          Cameron
                          Ryan+Kao
                          Nick+partner
                          Justin+partner
                          Dennis
                          AndrewH+partner
                          Paul
                          Chris+Leonie
                          Shane+Maureen

Any others out there? Hey Clyde where is that Euro-C, is it still here, how about joining us?

Thats 19 bodies. I would appreciate confirmation no later than Friday 28th July so I can advise the restaurant on the 30th of firm numbers. You can confirm by this post, by email to me at tolulo@iprimus.com.au or mobile 0413153533.

Justin and Andrew are working out the Sunday run, but we should plan on being back in town no later than 12 noon guys as I think Cameron Arnott has a time constraint. So err on the side of caution please for the old slow coaches down the back.

You are all welcome at our place Saturday prior to dinner, 101 Middle Head Rd Mosman anytime from 5-ish for a few drinks and nibbles.
                          cheers
                          tonyc

Comment

tony

kao and i are applying for our north shore visa's and look forward to the evening.

Comment

Will you get through immigration?
                              Justin Reed
                              aka Reedminor
                              1961 356B #114700

Comment

Working...
                              X