Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mornington Peninsula Run - 27 August

OK
    I'm just back from a day on the Peninsula. Golf this morning at Cape Schanck and all afternoon doing a recce for our programmed run on the 27th.
    I didn't realise it was such hard work - 5 hrs of driving (9 hrs including the golf), backtracking, getting lost (mostly on the golf course), visiting prospective stops (views, photos, fuel and toilets) and places for lunch, interesting roads and something of interest for kids of all ages.
    I think I succeeded in at least one of these criteria
    I'm so knackered I can't even come up with a funny caption for Tony's photo on the other thread - at least he looks happy,... for a Sydnesider
    However, I think I've just about got it sorted (sort of) and will be doing a timed/mileage run during the week. Clyde has kindly offered to accompany me, and with a bit of luck might go in his new fat bumpered yellow thing.
    I went in my old 1971 280SE 3.5 today (KYJ 319 - original reg, and build date within a month of KYJ 911) and she really enjoyed the run - although I think the power steering pump is on the way out - anyone got a good reco one or know where I can get one?
    Sounds like it needs some of the stuff that's advertised on the number plate
    I'll post more details of the run in a week or so, and some info re route and lunch will be emailed.
    Please post if you intend coming as we need to know numbers for the lunch venue ASAP.
    Don't worry about what the weather will be like....because if it rains we're sure to get wet as there are a few outdoor activities.
    As Billy Connolly says about Scotland - "if ye think the weather's f***ing bad, it's just because you're wearing the wrong f***ing clothes"
    Last edited by MrUpwey; 15-08-06, 07:49 AM.
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

AV & family there!
    Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

I will be there with 1 or 2 kids along for the ride.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Peter

I'll be there. Claire should be coming along for the ride too (so be nice!).

Cheers

Rich
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

2 Boyers at least.

Peter I will send an invitiation to all members after we get done on Wednesday so that I can give them some more details.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Ditchfields will be there. Kids are excited because they got their new membership cards. Thanks Clyde

Comment

This is a good start, so far we have 11 adults and about 6 'billy lids' in 6 901's (correction 5 901's and Clyde's G-series). I guess we'll easily double that number which should make for a really enjoyable day.
              Keep the responses coming in and as Clyde posted - more info to follow after tomorrow's trial run.
              Geez I'm really looking forward to tomorrow with Clyde :p - all my emotions are running wild!! (wife #4 look out )
              Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901

Comment

Yesterday Clyde and I had a dress rehearsal of our run on the 27th of this month - in his new yellow Targa.
                I have emailed Clyde with a scanned route map and lunch menu which he will forward to all members with email facility. The menu is to enable us to pre-order lunch - at the suggestion of our host.
                I will provide a running sheet and A3 map to all cars on the day.
                Briefly, the run will commence at the Maccas/BP on the corner of Moorooduc Hwy and Golf Links Road, Frankston South and we will be leaving at 0930 sharp. (Melway 102 G11)
                The first leg is the same as Alex W planned a few years ago and will end at Arthurs Seat. From there on, we wind down the south side of Arthurs Seat to London Bridge, Portsea where we have 30 minute stop. Then on to Flinders for a brief photo shoot on the cliff top at the golf course and finally on to Ashcombe Maze, Shoreham for lunch.
                The total journey is approx 150kms and with stops should take between 3 and 3.5 hrs.
                Lunch is booked for 1:00pm, hence the need to start at 0930 sharp. Any late comers will need to catch up.

On receiving Clydes email, please advise him of numbers coming together with lunch selection. We'll be advising Ashcombe Maze of numbers etc on Friday 25th (at the latest)

This will be a really good run for partners and kids - good roads, great scenery and a pleasant lunch venue, where we have arranged for our cars to be all parked together in a separate carpark.

See y'all then.
                Last edited by MrUpwey; 17-08-06, 04:54 PM.
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901

Comment

Cr@p, I don't think my car would be ready by then...

Comment

Peter

Sounds like you have organised a great day... and with a BP at the start I should be able to do it on one tank!! Woo Hoo!!!

Cheers

Rich
                    Richard Griffiths
                    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Count me in Peter, Sonya will be there too I hope. If Stewart and Ingrid are back they may come as well.
                      Alex Webster
                      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Shall we make it an economy run? I did a few of those with PCV years ago. Pump up the tyres, removed all excess weight and then drive very sedately.
                        Half way through it would be "ah Stuff it, this aint no fun".
                        Pretty silly thing to attempt with MFI.

Alex, what do you mean, 'Sonya will be there I hope'? Do I need to ring her?

Comment

Originally posted by Porsche
                          Cr@p, I don't think my car would be ready by then...
                          Erwin, it's not mandatory to come in a 901. Come in any car, it'll be a great day and a chance for members to meet you - especially as you virtually run our lives on this site.
                          Peter Williams #049
                          Secretary TYP901

Comment

Originally posted by gouldwil
                            Erwin, it's not mandatory to come in a 901. Come in any car, it'll be a great day and a chance for members to meet you - especially as you virtually run our lives on this site.
                            Peter, you raise a good point... I can drive my Audi over... it's German at least... and maybe hitch a ride...

Comment

Check your emails folks for all the info on the day.

Lets get those acceptances rolling in.
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President
                              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                              X