Brisbane Cars and Coffee - 6 August 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisbane Cars and Coffee - 6 August 2016

This coming weekend if you're in the neighbourhood...
    Attached Files
    Tom Laube
    Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
    VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

I should be there Tom, but the weather looks pretty poor at this stage. I don't fancy driving in the rain there and back. I could be the 'daily'.

Comment

Was planning on coming but it looks like my brake master cylinder has sprung a leak ...
      Simon Ravenscroft
      --
      '67 912 (gone back to its original home)
      '76 911 (no more leaks!)

Comment

Whip the master cylinder off and ship it over to BHSS in Capalaba to refurb it Simon. They do good work and are quick. They'll even pick it up and drop it back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by SM911 View Post
          Whip the master cylinder off and ship it over to BHSS in Capalaba to refurb it Simon. They do good work and are quick. They'll even pick it up and drop it back to you.
          Glad to hear the recommendation, that's who Porsche pointed me at and spoke to them on the phone yesterday. 'Yeah mate no problem -- just a day or so.' Plan is to pull it on the weekend and get it to them on Monday morning. If I'm lucky I'll be able to reinstall on Wednesday instead of going to the Ekka!
          Simon Ravenscroft
          --
          '76 911 (no more leaks!)

Comment

+1 on BHSS, they have been doing stainless re-sleeves on brake master cylinders for years. Generally cheaper than new and you get a bore that will never corrode!
            Jeff Eelkema
            TYP 901 #132
            S-Reg #1431
            69E (project)
            various bevel Ducatis
            60s Vespa

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Eelkema View Post
              +1 on BHSS, they have been doing stainless re-sleeves on brake master cylinders for years. Generally cheaper than new and you get a bore that will never corrode!
              Nice, good to know, thanks Jeff.

So, I finally got around to pulling it yesterday after using up all my spare time either being stuck at work or looking after sick kids. Hopefully I'll be able to get it down to BHSS tomorrow.

Ended up breaking a hard line where the fitting was seized. I'll post this in the proper spot as well, but do any of you Brisbane guys have anyone that you use for making hard lines?
              Simon Ravenscroft
              --
              '76 911 (no more leaks!)

Comment

Originally posted by SimonR View Post
                Ended up breaking a hard line where the fitting was seized. I'll post this in the proper spot as well, but do any of you Brisbane guys have anyone that you use for making hard lines?
                Any brake shop can do this job. It is a double flare - standard on most euro cars.
                John Forcier
                1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                Restoration Saga
                1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
                X