Hillclimbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillclimbs

I am looking to get a few older Porsches to join me hillclimbing in NSW. Hillclimbs are easy on the car ( the hills are very short ) . You can cause clutch wear if you are dump the clutch hard but otherwise it maybe an exciting drive but it is short . Yes ,you can damage your car by running into the scenery and unless you have speed event cover you are uninsured but the speeds are relatively low . The car requirements are less onerous than supersprints ( no towing eyes) but you do need a fire extinguisher ( a good idea anyway ) ,a blue triangle showing battery location ( blue triangles ?) a secondary bonnet restraint -easily organised , and head to toe clothing ( no nylon ) , and an approved crash helmet .You also need a CAMS L2S licence .The entry costs are modest .If you enter in the right class you can do well in a Porsche on road tyres .I have been the only Porsche at some events .I have entered a few rounds of the NSW Hillclimb Championship this year in the 2 to 3 litre marque sports car class and it has been great .The competitors are a good crowd with an eclectic mixture of cars ,old and new including some really great specials ( single seaters with motorcycle engines are really quick ) . It is a great andrenalin rush and it is good to give the car a competitive run .
    The PCCNSW has a hillclimb coming up at Ringwood N of Newcastle on 16th September so if anyone is interested this would be a good place to start . Some of the hillclimbs are in great locations--King Edward Park Newcastle is really scenic on the seafront in the centre of town (MGCC of Newcasle 29/30th Sept ) , Huntley near Dapto is is challenging and is in a great setting ( Woollongong Sporting Car Club 24th September )and on 17th September there is an event up the notorious bends on the old Pacific Highway at Bullahdella . Any one interested in joining me on that one ?

Hi John,

I wouldn't mind coming up and being a spectator for the first one

Shane

Comment

Hey Ryan want to do a hillclimb 24 Sept ????

Oh and you guessed it, no car back yet...

Comment

Working...
      X