Tasman Revival Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasman Revival Meeting

Here is a handout being circulated at the last PCNSW Meeting...

There will be a paddock display of period road cars (including around 20 Porsches I'm led to believe)...

Sounds like it will be a wonderful event ... I'm really looking fwd to it. You can also see the SC crowd running on Saturday. Taylor, Pye, Morgan, Withers et al.... Those 2.7's are just awesome to watch.
    Attached Files
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Justin,

Mate, 1,2,3, of December.

Is the Sunday the bigger day for the event? and Do you need a car to disply, I'm happy to if needs be.

The flyer did't seem to be clear on the actual running order of the event, happy to go direct if that is more appropriate

Shane
    Last edited by SIR70t; 27-09-06, 10:39 AM.

Comment

check the hsrca web site Shane for a schedule... Sunday is mainly the tasman cars as I understand it....

The display is being coordinated by Brian Richards and Ray Fowler. I think they're being overwhelmed with offers but contact them anyway.
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1961 356B #114700

Comment

did anyone take their car out yesterday? I was on a flag point (finally upgrading my licence), I could see the 911's on the hill, though too far to see what was there. anyone get photos?
        Interesting weekend... I raced Friday and Saturday - Friday was boiling hot with many of the cars over heating and having problems. Saturday was humid and wet. For a historic meeting there was a lot of bent cars - particularly in group s.

Comment

yes Nick,

I took Dad's 356 out......it was parked with all the other cars... only one early 911, an RS replica which recently changed hands.

How good was the main race... a drag to the finish line between the Lotus 49 Cosworth driven by John Smith and the Brabham Alfa driven by Spencer Martin (who drove these cars in their day against the greats - Clark, Hill, Stewart, Brabham, Bartlett, Harvey). Both of these drivers also have Porsche connections. Spencer is a PCNSW member, participated in the concours and speaks very fondly of one car now in Melbourne that raced and lived in Sydney. One clue... its gulf blue.

Racing doesn't get better in my opinion... it was also nice to catch up with Ian Henderson and very briefly meet Vern Schuppan...
          Justin Reed
          aka Reedminor
          1961 356B #114700

Comment

yep, the main race was fantastic - Both John and Spencer have recently run 911's in Group S also.

I was on the flag point at turn 5 (all day!!!). We had a fair amount of action around there, with half a dozen cars leaving all their oil right in front of us. It was also a favourite corner for the big camaro and mustang to hang the rear end out and light up the inside tyre.

btw - I love that Ian's 906 is road registered!

Comment

It was on historic plates when it was in Sydney too.

The Porsche Club Name bar on the back is actually the NSW one.

One of my all favourites the 906... and the sound!
              Justin Reed
              aka Reedminor
              1961 356B #114700

Comment

Nick, sorry i forgot to ask how you went today, once again I was off in my own little world. Would have loved to come out and see you all. Do you han any photos? did BT go ?

Comment

Had a great weekend out there - I had the worst flu last week, the 40+ heat on friday was not nice... especially in suit/helmet etc. Definately off the pace.
                  The car was going well on Friday - HUGE spin on turn 1 off the start on Sat morning... I ended up facing the wrong way right on the line, watching the remaining 40 odd cars barreling down. The top three stayed the same throughout the weekend - Bill, Geoff Morgan and then BT. Dad had a great time, the front three where apparently pretty close - they disappeared from the rest of the pack.
                  Sorry, no photos... just the usual suspects in group s - 3 x Carrera 3.0's, 4 x 2.7 Carrera's and one '73 RS.
                  The ex-Smyrnis ST/RS replica was out in group n.

Comment

check this site out... some photos from the weekend.
                    Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.

Comment

I think BT needs a tartan beret to go with hus red car

Comment

Working...
                      X