Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the new Typ901 Website!

Enjoy the new features!

I will be adding an online graphical Typ901 Register registry soon to keep track of all cars online.

I'll also be adding a spellchecker, which is not present at the moment.

In the meantime, everything should be working as before.

Erwin,
    you had better get on to Clyde and others so that all members can be told about the new site address, and also redirect the previous forum page so that it comes here, otherwise people that are less computer savvy will be going mental right now.
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

I'm going to add a smart redirect to this page...

Comment

Easy! Done - added an automatic redirect to the previous subdirectory.

I wasn't ready to go live until just now anyway - just backed up the whole database.

Comment

People should know that any new thread posted in this particular forum will show up on the homepage as news.

This makes it easy for Committee members to post news onto the homepage.

Comment

Erwin

this looks like you have been very busy transferring things over. It looks like it has been a big job.

I have one question as I have been trying to navigate my way around.
            Where is the old TYP901.org website with all the history and photos of the past events etc? Are you still in the process of shifting it across? It also has all the legal disclaimers on it especially the one that says the register is not affiliated with Porsche AG etc
            Hugh Hodges
            1973 E
            Australian TYP 901 Register #005
            Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Originally posted by HughH
              Erwin

this looks like you have been very busy transferring things over. It looks like it has been a big job.

I have one question as I have been trying to navigate my way around.
              Where is the old TYP901.org website with all the history and photos of the past events etc? Are you still in the process of shifting it across? It also has all the legal disclaimers on it especially the one that says the register is not affiliated with Porsche AG etc
              The old website is still there - in fact, nothing's been deleted - everything is still there.

The Australian TYP 901 register is forum for enthusiasts who pay homage to this remarkable machine.

I plan to transfer it all across. Let me know exactly what is essential to be transferred.

Comment

Erwin

It is good it is there . I just could not find it.
                i am sure it is a big job to transfer across.

There are a lot of photos from 2004 and 2005 including the breakfast meeting at Spyder to unveil the name, the first couple of nationals etc and all or most of the events.
                Also embedded in one page is a full copy of the first newsletter.
                I see you have brought across the info on CAMS and the club and membership but there is also the legal disclaimers and club permit scheme as well as the links page to other sites, in particular to some of the US sites such as early S and the E registry (which has reciprocal links)
                Hugh Hodges
                1973 E
                Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Okay, I've added additional links to the Homepage for the Photos, added the Disclaimer to the homepage and bottom of every page, also added the Links page - will need to tidy them up a lot, but for the moment it's better than not being there.

Comment

Well Done!

That is a very quick turnaround. well Done!
                    Hugh Hodges
                    1973 E
                    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

No problems - I plan to add a member's gallery as well which will replace the current photo gallery which requires manual edits and uploads - this member gallery will allow members to have their own photo gallery on the site.

Comment

NOTE: There is an online CALENDAR which can be used to post and keep track of CLUB EVENTS. Make use of it!

Comment

Posting is fully WYSIWYG - you can cut and paste from Word and see the formatting present. You can make the post bold, italics or underline or coloured, and it will show up immediately. Try it out.

Comment

Hi Erwin,

Just tried to PM someone and I was asked to type in a user name. I might have missed something, but a directory of users would be great if possible.

Thanks
                            Paul Wischer
                            1969 911T
                            1979 Californian Moke
                            TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

To PM someone is very easy - click on their username in a post, and dropdown menu will appear - choose send Private Message.

A full member-list is available by clicking on Quick Links at the top of every page, and a dropdown menu will give you options.

Comment

Working...
                              X