Hughs seat information...important

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hughs seat information...important

Well Hugh promised and I promised to make him so here goes and he will fill in the blanks

Hugh came to visit last Sunday as I was paintakingly cleaning the tar off the underneath of the Targa, must have picked it up on the Lake Mountain run. Took 5 hours for one wheel arch and 25% of the underneath, bought a new jack Richard $99 its a beauty.

Hugh had some really super information on sports seats refurbishment and I reckon I have restored more sets of these (4) than anyone else in the club (except perhaps Jason) and I mean total disassembly of seats and frames.

I'll let Hugh take it from here but its all great news guys.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

...............we're on the edge of our (sports) seats Hugh.

Clyde, you haven't been into that red cordial again have you? :p
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Peter, red cordial would definetly not be allowed in the Targa.

Imagine how long it would take to clean up that spill.

Comment

hey guys

just got in from work and saw this post

yes clyde i will post some details - need to take some pics first
        the essence is that I need to replace a couple of the foam parts of the drivers seat when i recover it as the foam has deteriorated after all these years and is crumbling into little yellow grains of residue and collecting on the floor (if anyone else sees these in their car that is where they come from and the foam bolsters are stuffed).

However the good news that clyde is referring to is that I have some foam replacments that i sourced in the UK that are made specifally for these seats.
        You can buy each one separately - 6 per seat (seat cushion, seat back, LH and RH seat side bolster and LD and RH seat back bolster) as well as the webbing for seat base and back. Each of the foam pieces is properly moulded and made out of the correct high density foam -thats what I want to show pics of - and are about 20 pounds each.
        I have a seat cushion one and a RH seat back bolster as that is what is most damaged`on mine (as well as all the webbing)
        I was goinng to wait until I got the seats done to see how they work in practice before posting but Clyde said he thought there would be a fair bit of interest as in the past he has had to try to get something made up here.

i got them at southbound in the UK web http://www.southboundtrimmers.com/

have a look at the website -although I haven't seen details of these parts on them.
        the parts are shown on the german Sitzkling site however and I think they are identical parts http://www.sitzklinik.de

i cant speak highly enough of the service I got and the ease in getting the parts - the next step is how the work in practice
        I will post some pics as soon as I can
        Last edited by HughH; 08-03-07, 12:56 AM.
        Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Australian TYP 901 Register #005
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

hey guys

just got in from work and saw this post

yes clyde i will post some details - need to take some pics first
          the essence is that I need to replace a couple of the foam parts of the drivers seat when i recover it as the foam has deteriorated after all these years and is crumbling into little yellow grains of residue and collecting on the floor (if anyone else sees these in their car that is where they come from and the foam bolsters are stuffed).

However the good news that clyde is referring to is that I have some foam replacments that i sourced in the UK that are made specifally for these seats.
          You can buy each one separately - 6 per seat (seat cushion, seat back, LH and RH seat side bolster and LD and RH seat back bolster) as well as the webbing for seat base and back. Each of the foam pieces is properly moulded and made out of the correct high density foam -thats what I want to show pics of - and are about 20 pounds each.
          I have a seat cushion one and a RH seat back bolster as that is what is most damaged`on mine (as well as all the webbing)
          I was going to wait until I got the seats done to see how they work in practice before posting but Clyde said he thought there would be a fair bit of interest as in the past he has had to try to get something made up here.

i got them at southbound in the UK web http://www.southboundtrimmers.com/

have a look at the website -although I haven't seen details of these parts on them - i got the details by fax.
          The parts are also shown on the german Sitzkling site however and I think they are identical parts http://www.sitzklinik.de

i cant speak highly enough of the service I got and the ease in getting the parts - the next step is how they work in practice
          I will post some pics as soon as I can
          Last edited by HughH; 08-03-07, 12:57 AM. Reason: typos
          Hugh Hodges
          1973 E
          Early 911S Register #776

Comment

some pics of the side bolster and seat base attached
            Attached Files
            Hugh Hodges
            1973 E
            Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Nice find Hugh, looking forward to seeing some photos of the seat resto...
              Cam Arnott
              Looking for engine #6208151
              1970 911E (Sold)
              '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
              2 x Split Screen Kombis
              TYP 901 Register # 78
              Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Working...
              X