TYP901 at the PI Historics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYP901 at the PI Historics

Just returned from a wonderful weekend at Phillip Island Historics.
    As usual our display was by far the best of all clubs attending - thanks to the efforts of Clyde, Richard, Phil and Brett (not to forget young Tim Lack)

Some photos of our display - with Clyde at the counter
    Sydney members should recognise the cars of Matt Hart and Andrew Hipperson.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MrUpwey; 11-03-07, 08:07 PM.
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

.....and some more.
    Tony C you may recognise a previous possession of yours.
    Matt bidding farewell before heading back to old Sydney Town.
    Some of the museum cars and a few other classics that took my eye.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MrUpwey; 11-03-07, 08:08 PM.
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901

Comment

.......and finally some of "our boys" who had the intestinal fortitude (and money) to put their cars on the track.
      Darren Sharp, Bruce Young, Marcus H, Alexander W, Stewart W and Hendo.

............and note Alex, I got a little flame from your exhaust at the end of the main straight.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MrUpwey; 11-03-07, 08:09 PM.
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901

Comment

Thanks also from me to everyone who helped set our 901 area up, it made it very easy for us and it looked very professional.

The number and variety of cars at the track and car parks was staggering, and some of the racing very exciting and close.

Great pictures Peter, got the atmosphere nicely.
        John H

70 T

Comment

Originally posted by dibberbloke View Post
          Thanks also from me to everyone who helped set our 901 area up, it made it very easy for us and it looked very professional.

The number and variety of cars at the track and car parks was staggering, and some of the racing very exciting and close.

Great pictures Peter, got the atmosphere nicely.
          Beautiful shots guys wish I lived a little closer.....Looks like a great weekend was had by all.
          Cam Arnott
          Looking for engine #6208151
          1970 911E (Sold)
          '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
          2 x Split Screen Kombis
          TYP 901 Register # 78
          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Amazing photos!!! Looks like it was a fantastic day!!!

Comment

well what a weekend!

I will have some video up and on the web soon, but now I am going to clean cars, unpack the truck and get some sleep!!! A great long weekend, surely one of the best ever. The car were fantastic with none of the TYP901'ers having any trouble at all and not doing any damage on or off the track!

The display looked fantastic! So pleased that we continue to sign up new people to join our every growing register.

Peter - thanks for the flame shot! Now at least I can see it! The camera is going to the back of the car at PCV so I can get it on video!!!!

For me, three races, my best finish in the Group S class, a new PB lap time for Phillip Island of 2.03.41 in the first race on Sunday! I am stoked! A little more suspension work and I think that the car will do a 2.02 or 2.01 for sure!

Great dinner on Saturday night - NOT, but nonetheless was great to see all the regulars down the island to support the event, our club and the competing drivers.

Phil I will orgnaise to get the tent back to you in the next week or so.

Bring on more photos, I did not take one all weekend as the camera was strapped in the car!

Big thanks from me to Phil for lending the tent, it was invaluable, and now I am off to get a double one for Winton and Sandown later on this year. Hopefully for next year we can get a few similar tents (apparently only about $100 on Ebay) so we can have an enclosure for all the TYP901 entrants in the race paddock like the Alfa guys did. I know that with Bruce Young, Tony Rogers, Darren Sharp, Marcus and myself, as well as others that may get the bug in the coming months and year, that a tent full of 901'ers would be a great sight and spectacle and great credit to what the club has spawn.

Bring on the TYP901 Racing Sub-Register!!!
              Alex Webster
              A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Great pictures....What a great 4 days away!! Sorry I had to leave early. Thanks to everyone for your hospitality and effort with the display.
                Amazing cars!! Congrats to Alex & co, on the track.
                I had a terrific journey home....Along the coast hwy, to Cann River, then up the mountains to Cooma, Canberra and on to the Hume to Sydney.
                PORSCHES ARE FOR DRIVING!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alexwebster View Post
                  well what a weekend!

Peter - thanks for the flame shot! Now at least I can see it! The camera is going to the back of the car at PCV so I can get it on video!!!!

Great dinner on Saturday night - NOT, ..................
                  Two comments Alex.
                  1. I only have a small camera and the flame shot I got was just luck, in fact I didn't even notice the flame on that corner until I viewed the photo on screen. However, on Honda corner (where the pit run off is) the flame from your exhaust was about 0.6m (2 foot) long :p - unfortunately my camera is not good enough to take a shot from that far away

2. I reckon we got our meal just as you were kissing Sonya goodnight (or was that Marcus ) - Clyde (and Howard) spat the dummy and left after 1.5 hrs waiting unsuccessfully for his Caesar salad to arrive - and ours finally arrived after 2 hrs from time of ordering.

Next year it's a BBQ at Brett's
                  Last edited by MrUpwey; 12-03-07, 08:41 PM.
                  Peter Williams #049
                  Secretary TYP901

Comment

Originally posted by gouldwil View Post
                    Two comments Alex.
                    1. I only have a small camera and the flame shot I got was just luck, in fact I didn't even notice the flame on that corner until I viewed the photo on screen. However, on Honda corner (where the pit run off is) the flame from your exhaust was about 0.6m (2 foot) long :p - unfortunately my camera is not good enough to take a shot from that far away

2. I reckon we got our meal just as you were kissing Sonya goodnight (or was that Marcus ) - Clyde (and Howard) spat the dummy and left after 1.5 hrs waiting unsuccessfully for his Caesar salad to arrive - and ours finally arrived after 2 hrs from time of ordering.

Next year it's a BBQ at Brett's
                    Sounds like Darwin levels of service.

As we say NT stands for not today, not tomorrow, not Tuesday and not Thursday....
                    Cam Arnott
                    Looking for engine #6208151
                    1970 911E (Sold)
                    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                    2 x Split Screen Kombis
                    TYP 901 Register # 78
                    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Hey Matt

fantastic that you did a solo trip down there. Any issues with the car over all that distance? Love to hear about it.

tonyc

Comment

I reckon the problem with my salad was that they had to water the lettuce to get it to grow and they are on stage 4 restrictions down there and watering day definately wasn't Saturday night.

I drove back to Melbourne had to pick my son up at Glen Waverley so while I waited I went to one of the many busy eateries there and waited less than 4 minutes after ordering the same salad. I am not sure if it would have arrived by then had I stayed at the original restuarant. Look for a for sale sign there soon if thats the best they can do!!!

Great day otherwise and excellent photos guys.
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President
                        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Tony, the car ran PERFECTLY!. I drove the Hume on the way down....About 8 hrs to Melbourne, Only stopping for fuel. It was great overtaking and seeing so many race cars being towed down, I got lots of waves and thumbs up. Stayed in Melbourne on Wed night, then drove on Thursday, via Clydes place, to Phillip island.
                          I stayed at the Island until Sat afternoon, then travelled along the Victoria coast past Lakes Enterance to Cann River (about 5 hours). Then, up the Monaro Hwy to Cooma, Canberra then to Sydney. I wont tell you what speeds I was cruising at, I dont want to incriminate myself...but, the Monaro Hwy section was fantastic!!!
                          I was getting approx 10-12 litres per 100km and used about 2 litres of oil over the near 2500km's.
                          After cleaning the bugs off, I dont even think I got a stone chip.
                          What a great trip, cant wait for the next one!!

Comment

Slightly off-topic - I heard from a friend that down the Hume they now no longer use laser speed cameras so it doesn't matter if you slow down when you see one - apparently they are measuring the average time your car takes to get from one point to another, and if your average speed is too high (ie you get to the second point too quickly) you get fined - anyone know if this is true?

Comment

Well... not much more i can add, except a few more photos (sorry for the repeats!).

BTW, have a guess at which was my favourite car for the weekend? Thanks Matt for making the trip!!!!

Cheers

Rich

P.S. A big thanks to Phil for lending me his E for the weekend - an amazingly well set up car and a new benchmark for mine!
                              Attached Files
                              Richard Griffiths
                              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Working...
                              X