A Weighty Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Weighty Question

Does anyone have any info on the homologated weights for the T, E & S from '69 to '73? Oh and maybe the TR, ST & RS as well!!!

The reason I ask is that in the class I want to run at Classic Adelaide the car must be within 5% of its original weight. I know what my owners manual says but I'd like to know what the various years differences are?

Any competitors with experience as to how anal the scruteneers are please chime in

Thanks
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Cam,
    if you are planning to run SS generally they will weigh the car at Scritineering, having said that, they didn't last year probably because we were the only ones in our class!!
    I know Andrew Farmer was worrying about it, and changed his Mahle wheels for steelies to get him up to weight spec. I guess it is one of those things that could be agrued either way if you are 5kg or so out!
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Thanks Alex

I think I would be aiming for LMS. Just hate the thought of having to add weight!
      Cam Arnott
      1970 911E (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

DIN for RS with full fuel and oil was 980kg, found 2 x 2 stage switches at aPorschapart will be checking them out Wednesday as didn't get there Friday
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Cam, don't know if it's relevant to you, but I can get my gutted '69 911 down to 926kg with a half tank of fuel and tools/spare removed for track days...
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Thanks Clyde on both counts.

John how much fibreglass are you running with? Do you have a cage and race seats? I've got f/g front & rear bumpers, race seats & stripped interior with RS door panels. The owners manual says 1020kg's and minus 5% makes 969kg's.

Anyone know roughly what a steel roll cage weighs?

Thanks
            Last edited by CamBiscuit; 19-03-07, 11:41 PM.
            Cam Arnott
            1970 911E (Sold)
            2 x Split Screen Kombis
            TYP 901 Register # 78
            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Cam, car's interior is stripped and replaced by very light weight carpet in RS style, steel half cage (15-20kg), glass bumpers and duck, 911R blinkers front and rear (drops at least 7kg from the pot-metal originals), single Odyssey battery, no superfluous A/C , and Velo GTP seats... But I've sold the seats and will be going to heavier Nurburgring seats from Phil for a more road friendly and period correct look (but they are modified for the 5pt harnesses). Car was weighed on a set of Longacre(?) race scales for club classification.
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Cam,
                according to the CAMS "Approved Vehicle Specification" for '70-9/73 911E the dry weight is 960kg. I'd imagine the T is pretty much the same. If you give CAMS a call they'd fax/send their Spec sheets.

Cheers
                Jappy
                MichaelJapp
                71E
                Typ901 #065
                EarlyS #798

Comment

Working...
                X