Thank You!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You!!

I'd like to publicly acknowledge the help of Paul Higgins, one of our fellow members from Auckland. After Clyde put us in touch,(thanks Clyde) Paul checked out a car for me which for various reasons I did not purchase. While Paul is not a Mechanic, (Architect) he is an experienced Porsche owner. He has owned his RS for 20 years and is currently restoring it. He also has a 964 or 993 RSR 3.8 track car. He consequently was able to make accurate observations and relay those to me. Paul is a busy man, yet still found time to do me this favour on top of which I found him very approachable and easy going. So a great big thanks to Paul, Clyde and the register overall. This is what it's all about!!

Cheers John

Hear, hear ! great work Paul !

So John, still hunting a car ??
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Hmmm.... maybe if I stop hunting they will stop hiding??

Comment

John

No cars will stay hidden... unless you are Mr Upwey and someone throws you a great car when you don't even know you want it...

otherwise (like me) you just have to wait (and be infinitely jealous of everyone else, made even worse by those generous soles who hand you the keys to their pride & joy - just to rub it in)... the right car WILL come along eventually!

cheers

rich
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

BTW John

can't agree more with you about this group being a fantastic and generous resource. without the fine members of Typ901 I would not have found, or had the courage to buy my car... and then where would i be now!?!

Cheers

rich
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

what were you trying to buy John?

And BTW are you coming this Sunday?

tony

Comment

It was a NZ$17500 '70T targa which tempted me. Matching numbers even according to PCA, for what it's worth. Anyway it's a coupe I'm after, so from here on that's what I'll be focused on. I say one targa in the house is enough.
              As far as Sunday is concerned, Shane aka SIRt70 was good enough to twist my arm, so looks like I'll be joining in the fun. It'll be good to put faces and cars to now familiar names. So see you then!

Comment

Rich
                You certainly know what I am on about. I followed your 2.8 saga on this forum, by which time you had already put,I hope, plenty of miles under those steel belts. Being in a similar situation, though not fortunate enough to trip over a 2.8, it made for fascinating reading. There was no shortage of advice and importantly also support. From afar it seemed you were in the collective good hands of this register.
                Good outcome!

Cheers John

Comment

Yes John, Rich certainly used all the resources of this forum and the club to educate himself about the car he finally bought. His is a fine example of why its important to join up and participate, even without a car, as its the best way to learn about early 911's.

The proposed drive day in a week or so is there for the benefit of new members. i hope they do take advantage of it.
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
                  X