X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Shockers for Andrew V's T

Hi Andrew,

found a set of brand new Bilsteins on ebay for you:

These are front and rears and at this price, Santa is looking good !

This will go a long way to assisting your handling "irregularities".
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Thanks

Phil,

Thanks for that, I missed that one, but no one bidded and he has re- listed in his ebay store. Price looks fantastic compared to pelican or stoddards.

He only sends to US, but I have sent an email asking if he would send to Australia. Otherwise plenty of mates over there who would receive and forward on for me.

Do the Bilsteins fit straight in when the car originally had Boges? I thought I read that one of the brands are not so simple to interchange (maybe it was the Konis that are not interchangeable ). His ad seems to indicate that they are a changeover for cars with OE Boges.

Thanks
    Andrew
    Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

Hi Andrew,

yes he says they are a replacement for Boges. I guess your car has std suspension right ? I believe the difference was if the car had uprated front struts with maybe S calipers which made them a bit different.

Anyway, its worth asking a repairer here what exactly you have fitted and what Bilsteins are the direct replacement.

If you hunt ebay a bit more using a search on Porsche shocks, you will find a few more listed, a set of Koni reds (front and rear - used) and some used Koni rears. All pretty cheap. But the new Bilsteins seem like a deal. This seller seems to be a dealer I guess.

So are you writing a letter to Santa this week ??
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Phil,

Thanks - I reckon its an all standard set up (Mike @ Spyder thinks probably the original shocks - bit like my spare tyre if you remember) Anyway I'm sure that they're Boges - cause they're black - with standard M caliper struts. So the Bilsteins look like a goer.

Caren tells me it Christmas everyday for me around here!

Andrew
        Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

Working...
        X