Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCV & Winton Historics events

Hey guys,

had the RS out at Attwood yesterday, lots of fun, and had I not hit three witches hats (all at the same time!) on my third run of the second course, would have finished 3rd outright! Still finished 13th from 66 entries, so overall not bad...

There are some events coming up and thought that I would let you know about them.

Historic Winton is coming up at the end of the month and as a result I will be there. If anyone wants tag along that would be great. I have a 3 person room booked for those that want to come up and stay the night.

The long weekend is Winton/DECA with PCV. This is a great weekend, as you do Winton on the Sunday and DECA on the Monday. I am about to book a room, so again if anyone wants to come along and compete or spectate, let me know asap.

DECA, for those that have not done it before, is a great place for an early 911. It would be great to see some more familiar 901 faces around competing, remember PCV is now doing the begginner class for every event, so you don't even need a fire extinguisher or anything!!! Just a helmet and licence.

A video was posted already about Attwood (not mine), see below.
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Historic Winton is the last full weekend in May, which makes it 26 & 27 May.
    Julie and I'll be there on the Sunday - as usual.
    See you in the pits Alex - and whilst I'm there I'll check that your bonnet straps are secure . I guess I'll need to bring my TYP901 overalls if I'm going to be working on your car.
    Is Marcus also entering ?
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Alex, I'm in for PCV Winton & DECA, save me a bed! May do a day trip to the historics on Sunday to check the whiteness of the pitcrew's overalls...
      MichaelJapp
      71E
      Typ901 #065
      EarlyS #798

Comment

Good to hear Peter, Marcus won't be competing as they are not running a post-war regularity at this stage - stupid really.

Jappy, will book a room with a view for you, Marcus and I... generally the view in Shepparton is of the KFC or Macca's!
        Alex Webster

Comment

Heading up in the morning for a weekend of fun!

If anyone is coming up and wants a bed I am staying at the Trekkers Rest and they have beds available. Only $30 a night.

Will take the normal video and pics and post when i get back.

Have a great weekend, I know I will
          Alex Webster

Comment

Have a great weekend, bring it home straight!
            MichaelJapp
            71E
            Typ901 #065
            EarlyS #798

Comment

Great fun all round...

Marcus, Jappy and I headed to Winton on Sunday for a wonderful day of throwing our cars around the long track.

Jappy's car now looks like a a beast, and I will allow him to put up pics of the car and show off his mastery of work with lights, cage, interior etc. He is now ready and logbooked for Group S!!!

Marcus was the quickest of the three on the track, but unfortunately had a gremlin on Monday morning that made the car not start. After doing all that we all could think of, the car still would not go and last night was towed to Phil Hearns to find out what it is. I am sure something really simple.

Yesterday was a DECA, and Jappy and I (Marcus was at the hotel trying to get the car back to Melbourne) had a ball on the motorkhana skid pan, and the back track. Results will be out tonight or tomorrow and will post them once they are out.

More of you should do these types of events, as they are easy on the car, and in the case of the skid pan, you did not need a helmet.

Anyone instersted in hiring it for the day and we can run a club day there sometime like we did at Attwood?
              Alex Webster

Comment

Videos are up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6jKYNEjPw - DECA (all events)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1PHpdF_EX4 - my first run

more to come...
                Alex Webster

Comment

Working...
                X