Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars for Sale

Heads up on two cars for sale.
    I know this should be in cars for Sale but I havn't got any details or contact numbers. Phil Hearn (Auto Coupe) has an Irish Green 66(?)S in his work shop from the Healey Factory at the moment. He also recieved a phone call from a customer wanting to sell his 69S.
    The Healey Factory car has $49G on it.
    I know nothing about these cars so if your interested, check them out.

Re: Cars for Sale

Originally posted by ESP911
    Phil Hearn (Auto Coupe) has an Irish Green 66(?)S in his work shop from the Healey Factory at the moment. out.
    that brings out an interesting point - the '66S when the S model designation only appeared in '67. Does that mean the car was assembled in '66 but is plated as a '67 and an S model?
    AFAIK in '66 there was only Normale's but there was some discussion of '66S on the early board but I have no idea what they are talking about.

Comment

Justin, there were 66S, mine!!

My car was delivered in late 1966 in Malaysia as a RHD car.
      There are chassis numbers for S's in 1966, and they made about 500 of them for worldwide delivery (see below). I have the full list that shows the number ranges for all the really early cars...

Chassis Range 305101S - 308523S
      Model Coupe
      Designation 911S
      Trans 901/02
      CC 1991
      Power (hp) 160 @ 6600
      Total Production 523
      They also made 718 Targa's in 66, they made 1267 S Coupe's in 67, and 442 S Targa's in 67 (have one of these that Brett and Marcus have seen).

Brett, if the Irish Green car is the one I think it is, then it is the car that we used to own. It is an original RHD car from England, that we did some work on, and the sold to a guy called Eugene Ivan. He spent some serious cash on the car, and it was really nice. It has a Wabasto (spelling?) sunroof in it. Nice car that drove really well. We did do the paint on it which was NOT a bare metal job, and did remove some rust that had started to appear. Motor and transmission were fine, but we did replace disc rotors etc, and some key suspension bits, including shocks if I remember correctly. We sold the car for $40-$45k about 3 years ago, and he spent money on it from that point.

I had the current owner (company that owned the car on behalf of the guy I sold it to) wanting to see if we would buy it back. I assume it is at the Healey Factory on consignment.

If anyone wants more info let me know.

Like Lisa said before, don't know if I should be signing on here or posting using the Sponsor login.... sorry if I have buggered it up!!
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Cripes Alex!

I'm glad it's not just me... ops: !

Cheers,

Comment

Car at Healey factory

This is the car.
          The ad doesn't mention that it's an S. Constructed on 6.12.1965.
          Has fabric sunrooof. Same as my first 1969S which was also an English car. Had it removed, the roof reconstructed and replaced it with a manually operating metal sunrooof.

Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901
          1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Originally posted by alexwebster

There are chassis numbers for S's in 1966, and they made about 500 of them for worldwide delivery (see below). I have the full list that shows the number ranges for all the really early cars...
            Well, you learn new things every day
            I wonder if there is a little semantics here as the 1967 model year begins in September of 1966 in the US. ie the model years are Sept-Sept and not calender year. That could explain why a majority of sources (US based) only mention 1967.

Comment

another 66S

Here's a pic of a 1966 S I saw at Autofarm in the UK this year. it is one of those rarer ones as Alex says.

The one at the Healey factory looks a bit rough in places and I am sure underneath there could be other issues. That's what happens in cars over 40 years old now. Plus its just so hard to find bits for them. Like the front turn signal lens which looks in need of replacement - virtually unobtanium in that old configuration. And the rears ? forget about finding good ones of those. even on eBay they bring a huge price for very average ones.

Hope I am not putting too many off . Enjoy the pics of this one in the UK.
              Attached Files
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Brett,

Its not your car for sale so I think to post it in a general area is fine.

Alex you are responding to a post not created by you so thats fine also in any event its not your car for sale so no problems as I see it.

Thirdly its good to alert others in this area of cars for sale. Now has anyone got a spare $200,000 for an RS?

Only joking guys!!!!
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Alex, that's the one. English car with fabric sun roof. Looks good, though there are a few rust spots and the front and rear lenses are really faded.
                  Worth a look in my opinion.

Comment

lenses

I put orange globes in, cheaper and does not ruin the look of the car!!
                    Nice car, as I said, we did not do a full body resto on it, just a blow over... cost about $3500.
                    Alex Webster

Comment

Green car sold, new S's available

Green car has sold I see.

Also there are two 911 S's at the Healey Factory.

The red car we used to own, was a nice car, had a sunroof, and was original RHD. Good car, drove it in the Arthurs seat hill climb and got on the front page of the paper (for my good looks not driving ability or smashing into something!!!)

Is a SWB obviously being 68, but an S, and a good car for not excessive money, maybe a little high knowing what it was like, but don't know what has been done since we sold it about 3 years ago.

The black 67, is that the one that was a the GP Auction? Back up for sale again if it is!!!
                      Alex Webster

Comment

interestingly, the 66S Phil obviously saw in the UK is in the 911 magasine this month, says three were brought into the UK at the same time (with sequential registration numbers, and the first S'). Some great pictures in there too - i can scan the article if anyone wants ?

Comment

Originally posted by JD
                          Originally posted by alexwebster

Well, you learn new things every day
                          I wonder if there is a little semantics here as the 1967 model year begins in September of 1966 in the US. ie the model years are Sept-Sept and not calender year. That could explain why a majority of sources (US based) only mention 1967.
                          Ok. Found out the deal. Technically, they are 1967 911S! :mrgreen: That's because the new model year starts in August of the prior calendar year. Apparently following the practice of shutting down the plant in Germany for summer holidays, production years for 911s end in July. This is per the Porsche 911 Red Book by Patrick Paternie.
                          Truthfully, when I first mentioned that I thought 911S's only started in 1967 I was thinking calendar year as I didn't know the about the German thing and had only seen official stuff for 1967. 8)

Comment

Working...
                          X