69S arrives in time for Xmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

69S arrives in time for Xmas

My new toy a 69S from LA arrived last week and I going out tomorrow to be present at the opening of the container.

God I hope the chocks and ropes have done their job!!!!

Its apparently chock a block full of parts all sorts of surprising goodies in there so I am told including a Marelli twin plug distributor, cap, rotor and OEM bracket for holding the 12 leads.

Taking the camera will report back tomorrow night.
    Attached Files
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

I already slung the wharfies a couple of slabs for the Marelli twin plug dizzy, sorry.

Oh and the hood lights only cost a case of Johhnie walker.

You an get them back on ebay after tomorrow.

happy bidding.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Clydes chrissy pressie

Well here are the pics of Clydes car hot out of the container !

In his haste to get down there, he forgot his digital camera so lucky I decided to attend as "insurance assessor".

it was an interesting exercise as we had to unpack everything from the car, identify it, get it ticked off and let the customs officer photograph it.

Admittedly, the customs officer knew nothing about cars and wondered where the engine was when we lifted the front hood. Yes she was female and blonde.

Aside from some annoying little issues, the car arrived all intact and I think Clyde cant wait to get it home to attack it and clean it (it needs a bit)

Note: Santa pls send a gross of toothbrushes to Clyde for Christmas)

And this darn wharfies took my booze and didnt snaffle the bits I wanted !

Congrats on the new acquisition Clyde, it will be a significant addition to the garage.
      Attached Files
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Clyde
        Polished wheels look good!
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Interesting experience indeed.

Car did sustain some damage after delivery to shipping yard in LA and prior to arrival here but cost to fix will probably be less than the coat of insuring against it anyway!!!!

It wasn't tied down in the container...could have been a disaster.

Car looks as I expected and was advised, a little rough, very R Gruppe, lots of great bits attached but it will clean up very nicely.

Got lots of goodies with it as well so looking forward to cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning.

Thanks to Phil for attending, it made life a lot easier and I think he has immediately got on to his freight people after seeing what I went through given that he has a whole engine packed into his car!!!
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President

Comment

Roadworthy issues!!

Hey Clyde,
            you do realise that there are 8 headlights on the car, and therefore the car is not roadworthy - max of 6!!
            Car looks great, wish you could use it on Saturday!!
            See you then
            Alex Webster
            A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Re: Roadworthy issues!!

Originally posted by alexwebster
              Hey Clyde,
              you do realise that there are 8 headlights on the car, and therefore the car is not roadworthy - max of 6!!
              Alex

is that the case in Vic? :?

I had my Lancia registered in the ACT in the 80's and it had 8 lights (10 really as the 2 low beams had double filaments 65/100)
              they were "stock' low beam each side 65/100 stock high beam 100w 2x super oscar 100W drivers and 2x 100w flood / fog set low in the spoiler.

I never had a problem with ACT reg (it was the same setup as all the rally cars had and done by the same people so that may be why bu it was not even questioned) and certainly had no problems interstate. It certainly lit up the road though when it had the 3 sets of 100W high beams plus the 65 lows on :lol: :lol:
              Hugh Hodges
              1973 E
              Australian TYP 901 Register #005
              Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Sounds like it would melt number plates at a 100 yards!!!
                I know that for modern car it is a max of 6 light.... came about for the 4WD fraternity, whereby people were sticking lights all over the joint. Having said that, it may be something that Clyde can just act dumb on and hope it passes (or knows the RWCer!) and leave em alone.
                Just giving him a heads up though! Should be fun. I know our old 69S that Joe Mammone has was a great car, loved driving it, sounded awesome, and loved to rev. Thanks to John Gregory we finally got the injection pump working properly, and that made the world of difference.
                Clyde, below 4000 rpm nothing happens but feel and hear the roar from about 4500rpm. Each gear is perfectly matched to drop straight into the power band if you take it to the redline. Short shift and you will be losing time.... not that we are racing or anything!!!
                Rain has come, may be wet in the morning
                Alex Webster
                A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Clyde's S

Clyde,

Looks good..... congratulations.

Did you have to go down to Webb Dock to pick it up?

When are you bringing it to Sydney?

Justin R
                  Justin Reed
                  aka Reedminor
                  1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                  1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                  1961 356B #114700
                  Instagram: reedminor

Comment

No just to Hoffmans transport where the container had been unloaded.

Just got word it failed the Quarantine inspection, no surprise there, as now I have to pay to get it steam cleaned. I reckon they would even fail my targa just to get the $120 fee for steam cleaning its a bit like "workshop consuables $18.50" every time you get your car serviced a ....ing rip off!

Looks like I will get possession Tuesday next week
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

Working...
                    X