Tired Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired Photos

The home page is looking a bit tired as far as photos of members' cars go - the most recent being Marcus Ramsay in February.

It would be terriific to see some pics of as yet unfeatured cars, so how about it, folks? Adding one does not take long.

Failing that, can we ranndomly recycle the old photos from the registry to freshen the page up a bit?
    John H

70 T

good idea john...erwin to the rescue!!!!!!!

Comment

If you have as much luck as I have trying to get members to send me their best photos of their car for the next magazine then don't expect the view to change much soon.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Hey Clyde - I shot some rear end pix of members cars on a drive earlier this year that seemed to go down well (with a little cropping and photoshopping).

How about if we ask members to take a careful shot of their car from the rear and send it to me - I can then pshop them and make a gridded composite image of everyones car for a front cover. That would be pretty cool IMO. If anyone thinks its a good idea, take a min 1mb photo, short telephoto if possible but not essential, kneeling down so the camera is horizontal and aimed pretty much at the centre of the grille. That way all the pics will be similar. Marcus Ramsays pic that John refers to on our homepage is almost exactly what mean - a bit too much ground and not enough roof though.

Could be a sensational graphic. We would want to get at least 25 pics for it to work.
        Last edited by TonyC; 04-07-07, 06:42 AM.

Comment

...and might even make a great T-shirt!

Comment

Right on, Mr T!

Great idea - could be used for lots of things, wallpaper (PC or Garage), mousemats etc etc...
            John H

70 T

Comment

...and if we did the same thing with front on pics, they could go on the front of the t-shirt with the arse end views on the back.

Comment

Great idea Tony

Comment

Tony C "Head of Marketing and Merchandise Typ901 Club"

Comment

Good call guys, where are all the new members hiding???

C'mon people the idea of this website is to share!!!!!!!
                    Cam Arnott
                    Looking for engine #6208151
                    1970 911E (Sold)
                    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                    2 x Split Screen Kombis
                    TYP 901 Register # 78
                    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

I better learn how to post a photo. Never done it.
                      I'll take on Tonys suggestion and take a photo of the rear. It'll show off my nice new muffler.

Comment

Tony
                        I'll email these three to you. You have my permission, if due to overwhelming demand some members would just like KYJ on their T-shirts - especially the older and more mature members.

..........................I mean my car - what'd all you bastards think I meant

Brett, if you download the free Google product, Picasa 2, you'll be able to simply reduce your photo file sizes for posting (using the 'export' function') and will be able to crop photos and do other manipulations to enhance photos.
                        A great product, first mentioned on this board some time ago by Darren. If I can use it anyone can................well perhaps not you.
                        Attached Files
                        Peter Williams #049
                        Secretary TYP901
                        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Thanks for kicking off Peter

I will however need the files at a larger size to do this - the small sizes we generally use to post on the BoaRD won't do the job.

So if this idea has any legs I will need you all to send larger files ie bigger than 0.5mb to my home email - which is tolulo@iprimus.com.au

Also if you can manage, a mild telephoto shot will work best - but definitely NOT wide angle for this particular exercise. So Mr Upwey, your first rear end pic is too wide angle, your second from too high an angle...we need some Teutonic precision here!

I have attached three pics of Chris Morkanes delicious rear end here - CM01 is wide angle, CM02 is mild tele or standard focal length, CM03 is edited. CM02 is what I need in a large file size.

Dont know how long it will take to get 25 good images...lets see..2010 or so? Mind you I already have 10 or so from North Melbourne, so you deep southerners better get cracking.

cheers

Comment

oops forgot attachments...
                            Attached Files

Comment

We'll do our best once this wonderful rain stops, Tony.
                              John H

70 T

Comment

Working...
                              X