71E Sporto For Sale at Duttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

71E Sporto For Sale at Duttons

Some change out of $90K for a jolly good lunch.

(The system initially put a smiley(!!!!) in place of the :P, so I hope this amended link works!)
    John H

70 T

Yep link works.

Is this the same one thats been for sale for some time?
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

This same car is also for sale at the Healey Factory (same price). it was for sale for $50k last year by the pervious owner. Had a major door adjustment issue I recall, suspect that's fixed now. I think Phil at Auto Coupe was doing some work on it.

AV
      Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

Thanks Andrew. I just got pointed there from another site, didn't know about the previous assignments. It all gets a bit convoluted.
        John H

70 T

Comment

Actually, it appears the car is for sale by the Healey factory, just listed via Dutton Direct website.

There is plenty of history on the selling of this car as the PO thought it to be worth squillions and never got anywhere with his asking price (well in xss of $50K.) I had a good look at it and offered $40K. it did have some issues.

Healey factory eventually bought it then it had a serious birthday at Auto Coupe at the hands of Phil and his son, Kane. The car got a complete going over with all mechanicals removed and refurbished or renewed. Those who may have seen the work perfromed on Erwins car will know the standard of finish Phil and Kane produce and its now a seriously pretty car with lots of hard work done on it. probably the only negative is the Sporto tranny but if it had a 901 or 915 in it, what would be the price ??

It wasnt that long ago that we all baulked at the approx $50K prices being asked for these cars. Now it starts up around $90 - $100K.

if you are in the market great. if you are still on the fence - bad luck. Guys like Rich Griffiths who agonised over getting a car then finally jumped in, must be feeling happy with their decision to move.

I think TYP901 stocks are delivering a far better return than anything else out there in the market (except maybe Cibie hood lights).
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

there was a certain amount of grief for buying a car within 3 months of buying our first house... but I am still happy that I got in (even though back then there were a few people saying it was too late and everything was too expensive)...

there will always be bargains out there relative to the other cars on the market at the same time (either people desperate to sell or a seller who doesn't quite realise what he has). just not relative to the cars of people who bought in 10 years ago for $6.5K for a timewarp aussie delivered silver 2.4S... it is a different market now - but doesn't mean you can't get value for your money.

my only sadness is the lack of attention my car is getting at the moment (time and money)... but Phil will be giving it some love next week with a service and going over suspension (yeah I know... about time!).

cheers

rich
            Richard Griffiths
            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Working...
            X