Rubber bonnet tie downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber bonnet tie downs

Haven't bought anything for the car for a while and this looks like something i could almost afford!!

and yes, i am now coming to the conclusion that a morning standing around looking at R's and RSR's is a BAD move!!!!

Anyone able to tell me if these look correct?

...and roughly what are they worth?

oh yeah, from the track point of view, do these remove the need to have a secondary catch inside the trunk?

Thanks

Rich
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

First of all they are from Peter Hardt - so quality will be good - so buy with confidence. Second of they do look correct but ask Jason, Dave or someone else that knows exactly what they should be like.
    Third, Jason gets them or can get them, but for the money they look cheap!
    Yes it will negate the need to have a secondary catch inside the boot (we are not in America!)
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

thanks alex... think i will have a stab and see if i can get them...

and you're probably right it is a boot - and closer to the original meaning than having it at the back of the car!
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Rich

For what its worth they look very similar to a pair I picked up for about 5 bucks from a local 4WD parts supplier.....

They aren't hard to find
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

thanks cam! at least i know not to put the whole house on them.

bet you can't wait for the reunion?! absense makes the heart grow fonder?
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

You said it Rich!!! One day at Mallalla raceway and two days in the Adelaide Hills....

Oooh yeah

I have a few little projects to get done as well when I am there. Might be a busy weekend I reckon
            Cam Arnott
            Looking for engine #6208151
            1970 911E (Sold)
            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
            2 x Split Screen Kombis
            TYP 901 Register # 78
            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

rich

as cam suggested, try some local retailers before you bid on these - there is nothing porsche-specific about them and they should not carry a porsche-premium.

also, be careful in removing your original catch - some scrutineers consider two tie downs to constitute one unit (i.e. they will want to see a second unit)

Comment

hey ryan, can't i just leave the original in place?!?
                Richard Griffiths
                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Richard

I believe you can leave the original in place and it's probably a good idea if you forget to you the rubber straps (which is quite easy to do).

The straps are, I believe, exactly the same as ones I bought for my rally car some 25 years ago. If I'm correct they may get some minor surface rust with time but others are likely to do the same. The upside is they are readily available and when the rubber perishes they can be replaced.

Comment

Working...
                  X