Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectating at Classic Adelaide

Guys,

any advice on spectating at Classic Adelaide?

is it easy to get around/ get out to the stages?

accommodation suggestions?

thanks

craig
    Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

craig,

getting in and out of locations near stages can be difficult due to road closures. i would suggest grabbing a copy of last years DVD and trying to pick only 2 or 3 good spots for each day. it will take the field a couple of hours to pass a particular point.

as for accom - stay downtown, the nearer the hilton (rally base) and gouger street the better. the cars are stored overnight in the U park facility in gouger st and start from the hilton each morning.

also, come and find me or alex and we should be able to intro you to a support crew or two. great way to follow the rally and get an insight to what the more organised teams (e.g. running light fuel loads etc) get up to. however, they will not be too concerened with spectating.

(note: alex and i are of the fill it up in the morning and go school of thought)

hope that helps.

Comment

I spectated a couple of days last year, Ryans correct in that you need to aim at 2-3 spots per day, may get another if you only want to check out the competition guys. I was by myself which made map reading "interesting" so take a navigator.
      A GPS would be good in the hills, some of the road markings are sketchy, & it would be good to know exactly where you are lost.
      Planning is essential, ideally with someone who knows the Hills & the route. As it is easy to get trapped by the closures. Don't forget some reading material/entertainment as delays can be a bit tedious otherwise.
      I haven't decided if I'm going over this year, but if I do I'll let you know.
      MichaelJapp
      71E
      Typ901 #065
      EarlyS #798

Comment

Craig

We'll no doubt be having a dinner somewhere and of course welcome. There is generally a good crowd 10-15 people. The dinner has in the past intentionally not coincided with Clasic Adelaide pre-booked restaurants (no crowds other than locals).

Ryan or Nick perhaps you can suggest a venue and for Thursday night.... hopefully I'll make it this year.

Cheers Andrew

Comment

Working...
        X