At Long Last.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Long Last.......

I flew down to Adelaide today for the weekend.

After a quick loving rub I took the car around the corner, topped up the fuel, added some Spyder Venom, checked the oil and tyres and went for a fang up into the hills

Its the first time I've driven the car since the Classic Adelaide last November, man it felt good!!

Sorry just had to share the love!!

And tomorrow its off to Mallalla Raceway for even more fun

I have a strange feeling Saturday will be spent playing with the bag full of stuff for the car i brought down. Unfortunately I left the camera cable at home so photos will have to wait until next week......

Cheers!
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

good work cam!

they were meant to be driven... so drive it while you can!!
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

i know the feeling cam. i somehow managed to disable both of mine simultaneously... looking forward to a drive this sunday.

Comment

Mmmmmm caned it!!!

Car ran like clockwork all day. Another '68 911 out there that had had some serious money spent. Another Classic Adelaide car, silver colour, now with 2.8 litres

Good fun all in all.
        Cam Arnott
        1970 911E (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

I think that is the Silver one that I almost bought. It has the silver cage and dials in it? previously had a 2.4 and ran in historics (don't know how as the motor was a 65 case, and the chassis was a 66 912!). Hope the current owner knows that! It was in last years rally. Trick car.
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Alex

Thats the car. He thinks its a '68..... indicated the previous owner had spent well into six figures before he bought it. Goes like stink now with the 2.8 but still running the 901 'box.

It was a busy Saturday in Adelaide Peaches the Porsche now has a new tacho with no needle bounce....Also removed the clock & replaced with a delete plug and installed the Momo Prototipo. Replaced the harnesses that had expired and also put in a helmet hamock. Oh and mounted the Cibies. Drilling a bonnet is a nerve wracking excercise! Lastly the Terratrip has been removed ready for the Halda Twinmaster to go in. Forgot to take more photos....

Nice to have a fiddle and also get out on Sunday morning for a fang on some of those Classic Adelaide stages
            Attached Files
            Cam Arnott
            1970 911E (Sold)
            2 x Split Screen Kombis
            TYP 901 Register # 78
            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Oh and there will be some stuff appearing soon in the for sale section!
              Cam Arnott
              1970 911E (Sold)
              2 x Split Screen Kombis
              TYP 901 Register # 78
              Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

looking good cam. who rebuilt your tach? also, does the halda have the same functions as the terratrip?

Comment

Ryan it was Ringwood Speedo in Melbourne for the tacho

The Terratrip is being traded for the period look Twinmaster. Not so many features but I cant say we used anything other than distance and time on the Terrtrip. The matching Smith's rally clock is on its way from France...Poor man's Heuers
                  Attached Files
                  Cam Arnott
                  1970 911E (Sold)
                  2 x Split Screen Kombis
                  TYP 901 Register # 78
                  Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Working...
                  X