Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philip Island 6hr Regularity

ok guys,

here are some photos... it really was a great weekend!!!
    Attached Files
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

i am sure people will chime in with details... but pictures ARE worth more words!!!
    Attached Files
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

last few...
      Attached Files
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Another few batches;
        1. Tony Rogers Beaut 72E (stripes) and Marcus 70E
        2. Darren - just a blur
        3. Alex's tow truck
        4. Alex's 67S and Hung Do's 77 3.0 Carrera
        5. Stewart's new 2.8 RSR
        6. Father & Son
        Attached Files
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

............and more

1. Refuelling
          2. "Barn Find"
          3. "Lined up"
          4,5 & 6 Tony (TYP901 Team #2) and Alex (TYP 901 Team #1) on the grid
          Attached Files
          Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901

Comment

.........and some things just never change
            Although this time its in the garage out of the rain!
            Attached Files
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901

Comment

Sensational!!!

Looks like you had a bit of rain at some stage then...? What a great looking collection of cars!
              Cam Arnott
              Looking for engine #6208151
              1970 911E (Sold)
              '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
              2 x Split Screen Kombis
              TYP 901 Register # 78
              Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Arnott View Post
                Sensational!!!

Looks like you had a bit of rain at some stage then...? What a great looking collection of cars!
                Unfortunatley Cam, it rained for about the final two hours of the 'race'.
                In Rich's last photo, you will notice a small forlorn figure at the pitlane wall, dressed in rain jacket over white overalls - that's me lap timing in the f#%&^ing rain. .............Stewart's RSR is just passing by.
                Last edited by MrUpwey; 30-09-07, 08:47 PM.
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901

Comment

Pictures do tell a thousand words
                  Attached Files

Comment

What a tough initiation to the club!

Sat: Fan belt broken, engine overheat.
                    Sun: 1 Bonus lap, 4 penalty laps
                    Going home: 2nd belt broken on freeway, battery went flat, going home back on a RACV flat bed tow truck.

On the good note the boys let me bring team TYP901 #2 home. Or may be because it was very wet and everybody else on the team had packed up and gone home
                    Last edited by hmd; 30-09-07, 09:57 PM.
                    GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Good photos guys! I'm liking the whole "racing stripes" thing...
                      John Forcier
                      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                      Restoration Saga
                      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

To all involved with the 6 hour, supporters, pit crew and drivers, what a great weekend.

Saturday was a great day with virtually everyone getting 2-3 stints out on the very crowded track. We welcomed Hung to the 901 register, Tony Rogers and Jason Carroll also competed for the first time. Whilst Hung he had some issues over the weekend, it was great to have him along! He set the fastest time on the Sunday race, but that was quicker that his nominated time. Tony beautiful 2.2E looked great, and Tony drove it just as well. Jason did well in his 2.0E (looks like a 74!), considering all the drama's that he was having with the car leading up to the event.

I managed to get down to a 2.00.92 in my 2.0S on Satuday and a 2.02 on Sunday which was my nominated time. Stewart also did great getting down to a 2.11 in the S/RSR, which is his fastest time ever around Phillip Island.

There were lots of personal bests, with Darren Sharp doing a 2.09! Mark Tierney ended up doing a 2.04 in the race, which was 3 seconds quicker than any lap he did last year!

My highlight was jumping in dad's new 911 S/RSR and doing a 1.57 on the 4th flying lap. I had traffic the first three, so I was stoked with that! Amazing what more hp and more track width on the front and rear does!

The rain came bucketing down Sunday morning and by the time we were ready for the start, it was still raining/drizzle. The opening lap the hot Commodore came off in a big way and we were under safety car. It then fined up from there until the rain really closed over for the final 2 hours of the race!

The winners apparently were Weltmeister again, however there are protests as I have been told this morning that they parked their cars when it started to rain and therefore did not complete any laps in the wet! They apparently got boo'd at the presentation and protests were lodged!!!

We all had fun, great team spirit, and hopefully next year we can field three teams of 4, as I think this works better than the 5 that we had last year and in one team this year. I think everyone will be happier even if the entry fee for each person is slightly higher.

I will have some videos up soon on youtube. The only one I have showing the track is in the rain, I think you will all be amazed as to how wet it was!!! Darren has some videos, and given his permission I will edit and post those too!

Thanks again to all, and bring on 2008!
                        Last edited by alexwebster; 01-10-07, 11:21 AM.
                        Alex Webster
                        A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Results are at

Can everyone that took photos, please email them to me at alex@b-a-m.com.au. Send me all of them and I will collate into a report for the newsletter. Looks like 2 reports for the 6 hour in one newsletter!!!
                          Last edited by alexwebster; 01-10-07, 11:21 AM.
                          Alex Webster

Comment

Yep all thanks must go to team 2 pit crew, Brett and Peter.

If we wasn't the 'fun team', I would have given Peter Excel 101 on the Saturday night . I was getting 2.03 mostly from pit board and 1.57, well that's was my excuse for doing 27% of my laps under nominated time.

Oh yeah how typical of Weltmeister team.
                            GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Yes, pit crew were and went well beyond the call of duty.... Three cheers for them!!!
                              Alex Webster

Comment

Working...
                              X