Bathurst Anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bathurst Anyone???

Just a quick note to see if anyone is heading to Bathurst?

I'll be there from Friday morning 10.00 providing SIR70T is hassel free for the drive from Sydney.

Looking forward to putting a few country miles on the 911.

In any case if you are going to be on the mountain I'm on 0411165498.

cheers

Shane

Lucky Bugger!

Enjoy the weekend Shane
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Thanks Cam,

I have never been at have wanted to go for the last 10 years or so and this yaer the 'ducks' have lined up well.

Appreciate the reply, with all the views and no responses, I thought the air cooled Porsche world had shunned me!!

Cheers

Shane

Comment

I think jealousy has overwhelmed everyone!
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Have a great trip Shane.
          I've only been once - Dad was racing in Porsche Cup in the 993RS... awesome weekend.
          You have to go up on the hill (walk up), we went up in a mates landcruiser and had beer cans thrown at us!

Comment

Great weekend

I would highly recommend if anyone is contemplating Bathurst as an event.

- Well organised
            - The agenda is very full and there is something on every hour or so
            - the V8's are fun if you get into a bit of the strategy and have a punt on the shoot out and the race (we conducted a sweep with 12 guys down there and you pic a top 12 qualifying out of a hat, then you place the next 12 in a hat and pick one of them - it makes you focus on the strategies and drivers of the day. - I had the Tander car as my first pic and was really happy, then it hit the fan for them oh well)
            - The historic / legends racing is fun to watch
            - of course the Porsches, although a little similar to the V8's, but great to see them at the chase at break neck speed.
            - Dont drive an old Porsche up there because when you leave in the afternoon on the main straight and all the holden ford punters are around they mention you should buy a real F.....n car and not some p....fy thing.. Ha funning though

The beer picture is a couple of mates I went with, you get the chance to dress as feral as you like!

Shane
            Attached Files

Comment

Glad you stayed in a "Coates Prestige" ?

Looks like fun though, I'll have to do it some time.

Comment

glad you had a good time Shane...

Comment

cheers Nic u were right, great time, - do you think we would get 4 or so from Syd next year???

Comment

was up there on Saturday.... watching qualifying... wasn't bad as i hadn't been up there for a few years. The last time I was there was the really wet race when Richards slid off... and preceeeded to tell the crowd booing him they were a bunch of a##@@les... I agreed with him by the way... must have been 1992?

Where were you camped Shane... up near Caltex Chase? I was up there during the Fujitsu race on Saturday
                    Justin Reed
                    aka Reedminor
                    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                    1961 356B #114700
                    Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Justin,

We were right behind the pits basically and 10 mtrs from Mountain straight, diagonally opposite hell corner... great spot and really away from the wild mountain spots.

Well worth while for anyone who appreciates the motorsport side of the business.

Cheers

Shane

Comment

I went to Bathurst very year from 1978 to 2003 but I seem to be over it now .Mind you I was surprised to hear that a Ford won as I did turn the TV on a few times on Sunday to see how it was going and every time a Chrysler 300 seemed to be in the lead ....

Comment

Yes the Chrysler completed a few laps, there was both a sedan and wagon both the performance versions SRT8 "i think'.

Ryan should be happy with the Chrysler coverage.

After late practice on saturday afternoon they kept the track closed for sponsor laps with a few of the drivers, so HSV and GT fords went around a few times with the drivers sliding them around the corners which was fun to watch. Then both the Chrysler pace cars came around a few times and whoeever was steering them wasn't holding back on pace, they sound pretty good and full throttle, not too sure of the handling thouigh

Shane

Comment

Working...
                          X