Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandown Historics 2007

Hi Guys,

Sandown Historics are on again, 9th-11th November.

Lots of cars, including quite a few TYP901 members:

Myself
    Stewart Webster
    Michael Japp
    Ian Henderson
    Mark Johnson
    Dave Belford
    The very important Nicholas Taylor
    The father of the very important Nicholas Taylor, Bryan Taylor!

There will be lots of other Porsches as well as muscle cars.

Come along and support, cheers, or even yell abuse!

Hope to see you there.

Alex
    Last edited by alexwebster; 01-11-07, 01:20 PM.
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Alex,

Depending uipon when the gor event concludes.. I'll try and make it up there late Sunday afternoon.
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Good luck everyone.

Go Jappy!
      GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Hopefully see you there Justin. Do you still want those brakes?

Hope you are having fun Hung! And yes, Go JAPPY! It is his first race
        Alex Webster

Comment

hey alex, i hope you haven't forgotten that i'll be staying at your house over the weekend!
          BT and I will be there in Group S with both cars... my first outing (finally) in the new one!
          looking forward to meeting you guys.
          Nick

Comment

Nick, see the original post!!! Sorry mate, I know you are staying with me! Cannot believe I left you off that list! You are now very important though!
            Alex Webster

Comment

thank you alex... much better.

Comment

Here are some shots mostly from the paddock from Sandown today. It's a big meeting, suggest you get along on Sunday if you can - I can't. Most of my shots are non action, and the best shots (probably Walkely Award winning ones) of Dave Belford and Mike Japp on the dummy grid didn't come out, as someone had pushed a switch which said 'night time shot' - and didn't notice.

If you hover your mouse over the pics you might get the name I gave them.
                Attached Files
                John H

70 T

Comment

...last two....
                  Attached Files
                  John H

70 T

Comment

Tim and I visited Sandown on Sunday and it was great to see so many TYP901 members there competing and spectating.

Congrats to Jappy on his inaugural Group S (?) event and also to Mark Johnson/Dave Belford taking the ST out in its first event. And did it sound great with that authentic looking exhaust.

Well done to Nick and Brian Taylor for making the trip down to Melbourne which blessed the event with 3 perfect days of sunshine and not too hot temperatures.

Also heard the GOR event was fantastic. Anyone wiht pics, pls post them on the site.
                    sigpicPhil Lack
                    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                    Early 911-S Registry # 690
                    R-Gruppe # 367
                    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Was great to see so many people out there all weekend.

Well done to Jappy on his first event. The car was the most photographed of all our group, so it certainly made an impression on a lot of people.

Mark and Dave had the two cars out in Group S and Group N and did really really well. The car looked awesome, and I look forward to seeing them next year at Phillip Island which will probably be the next outing for us all.

Ian Henderson had his R out again in regularity, as did Stewart (dad). The Taylor made the trek down from Sydney, and enjoyed their time. Nicholas had his new car out for the first time, and drove it really well to beat his dad in the 2nd and 3rd race..... (his dad did spin on both occassions but a win is a win!).

I had a great result in my car, with a two 2nd in class and a 4th in class. So I stoked with that.

If anyone has any photos please email them to me so I can put in the 901 newsletter!

See you all at Phillip Island.
                      Alex Webster

Comment

Phil,

Just returned today... came home though the alps (Khancoban to Thredbo, what a road). So will post some pictures when I return to some normality.

I'll be getting 1gb worth of photos from my navigator... as i was too busy driving.

Words cannot describe how good the event was ... mainly new cars, but there were about 6 or so 356's and 5 or 6 early 911's. This included an RS (475), and also a few G series (big bumper Carreras)

Drove the wheels off the green car... what a wonderful little thing... and 40 years old this month.
                        Justin Reed
                        aka Reedminor
                        1961 356B #114700

Comment

Justin, look forward to seeing the pics. Yes, that road from Khancoban to Thredbo is certainly well worth the drive.I would like to see a club drive up that way some time.

From all reports, the GOR event was fabulous. David withers advised he won his class and 2nd outright in his 993 RS
                          sigpicPhil Lack
                          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                          Early 911-S Registry # 690
                          R-Gruppe # 367
                          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Correct.... the event was one by Syd and Nikki Reinhardt in a 3.2 Carrera.

David drove the car very well, and his wife Gay navigated very well. The 993RS was one of my favourite on the rally... Mark and I reckoned it would be the ultimate ride along the GOR, not far in front of an early car or the 968CS (Mo30) that I also drove over the weekend

So NSW - first and second. No interstate rivalry you understand.
                            Justin Reed
                            aka Reedminor
                            1961 356B #114700

Comment

Working...
                            X