Throttle Shop strikes again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Shop strikes again

Check out the 73 Silver 911S targa (with 2.7 engine) just listed at the Throttle Shop in Sydney.

They are asking $85K, so at this price, what does that make Clydes correct 73 911S Targa worth ????

The pics don't show anything really out of the ordinary with this car and 6 & 7 in wheels plus 2.7 engine are hardly great assets when you are asking concours prices for a car.

Man, am I glad I am not out there hunting cars at present. It must scare the heck out of new buyers when they start seeing prices like this .

Anyone form Sydney had a close look at this car or even know of the previous owner ?? Justin what about you ? Ad says its a one owner car.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

I would be VERY interested in the numbers on this car
    The only 2 5 sp silver 73S targas were Clyde's and #509. I guess this is #509 :?:
    If it is #816 it should be a sporto - any other silver car it is not original colour or not original Australian delivered :shock: :wink:

does anyone in Sydney know the car or can anyone get the numbers and post them please
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Bit cheeky really, as throttle shop should be quoting at least a rego, chassis or engine number...
      Sydneysiders, go get some numbers for uncle Hugh!!
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

don't know the car but will find out...

Justin R
        Justin Reed
        aka Reedminor
        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
        1961 356B #114700
        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Wow... that's an impressive price... I've emailed the dealer for more info.

Comment

I got a reply. The basic facts:

The engine is 2.4S, not a 2.7 - it was a mistake.

Chassis no: 9113310509
            Engine no: 6331189

Purchased from 1st owner with all books. Delivered new by Scuderia Veloce.

Indeed, it's #509. Sounds good, but the price is steep.

Comment

If it were a 73S coupe in Silver, one owner, then it could well draw that price. The so called Sports seats don't look to me to be the factory Recaros, rather more like the after market. mid-late 70's recaros, like I have in my 72E. Still great seats, but not original factory Sports seats, even if they are leather.

Still lets see if someone absolutely has to have a new chrissie pressie.

Clyde WILL think all his Christmases have come at once if they get $85K.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

If indeed its a one owner car with books and is my cars twin sister then $85k might not be out of the ball park.

Remember a similar year S coupe sold last year and one the year before for very close to the 100K mark so its only a matter of time before the 100k mark is broken for Aussie deliver cars.

Gees wonder what my Targa is worth!!!
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Yep Clyde,

Tony Caro just called ma and advised the car was sold new by Bob Atkins at Scuds to a Sydney owner (doctor?).

It was delivered with LSD, , 7in rear wheels although the rear flares and front spoiler were added locally. Also apparently had factory sports seats but not so sure on this.

It may have had a respray but is apparently in quite original condition.

Give all this info, it may reach the asking price but lets see if the Targa body does discount it a little over a coupe.
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Tony Caro went and looked at the car and reports thus:

Car is indeed an Aussie delivered, he remembers seeing it about 4 years ago with tired paint. say if has been resprayed - not concours, but acceptable.

hasnt really been detailed for sale, engine dirty, but Tony says it looks like its all there. Originally seats were in Houndstooth but now recovered in leather. Appears the rear flares were added at Scuds. as Porsche would not add them at the factory.

Tonys comment was that he would consider it at around $65K.

needs plenty of cleanup and possible maintenance to get it up to the Tony/Clyde standard but he rest of us might just jump in and drive it.

perhaps worth a serious look if Santa brings you heaps of moolah for Chrissie.
                    sigpicPhil Lack
                    R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

I've spoken with mark Goddard about this - who worked at Scuds at the time, and indeed registered Tony's 2.4E, when new...

He didn't remember this car... but remembers Clyde's ex SVM demo / Bob Atkin drive car as definitely a Wednesday car... Even Bob remembered it with a smile when I mentioned it to him about 12 months before his death from cancer!

In spite of this it has piqued Mark's interest, and he has vowed to find out / remember more.

There was also a brown Targa (I think an S) around the same time according to Bob.

Marks first comment about the this car for sale was the flares must have been added later , as no tire on a 7 inch rim would've fit under the guards with the profiles available at the time (the P7 and 50 or 55 series tyre was 2 years away)

65 sounds fair - given the price of the 2.2S bought by the Taylor's recently.

Justin R

PS - Do you want any more of Mark G's shots from the Nats? I will need to buy software (Photoshop Elements) to resize them if the answer is in the positive.
                      Justin Reed
                      aka Reedminor
                      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                      1961 356B #114700
                      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
                      X