• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freight Cost

What sort of cost would I be looking at to freight:

a- set(4) Fuchs rims

b-complete engine

both ex- USA

with the rims would it be worth to ship with tyres or does that increase freight cost considerably?

Thanks

Do you want to air freight or sea freight ? Sea freight means all items in a crate and then shipping LCL (Less than Container Load). This means more costs to pack/unpack plus all the usual wharf charges. But I would guess around $1000 - $1300 all up, plus dutes and taxes this end.

But that doesnt include the cost to build the crate and have someone pack the bits into it.

And of course since its a wooden crate,, there will be fumigaiton charges then charges to dispose of the wood in the crate Iincineration or burial). That could cost an extra $250. And make sure there is no dirt in the tire treads if you leave the tires on wheels
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Thanks Phill, rough idea on shipping costs for wheels only?
      any recom. for freight companies?
      I have time so sea freight is fine.

Thanks

Comment

John

i recently asked an ebay seller for a quote on 4 Fuchs out of the west coast. It was $450USD by USPS. I have brought a lot of stuff in from the US when restoring the E, economy air by USPS is the cheapest if it meets their size requirements, avoid DHL/ couriers and the like as they have an arrangement with customs so you pay duty and a paperwork fee.
        Craig
        12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
        1972 2.4E Targa project
        1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Thanks Craig.

BTW your car was a stunner at the concourse.

cheers

Comment

Working...
          X