I probably buy this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably buy this one

Looks like Stephan at GTS have finally come up with a Recaro early sport seat replica...

What do we all think?

Mr Lack??

Shane

Shane,

Have your National shirt will post on Friday.

I am going for the Rallye ST as I move around too much in the sports seat. Stefans copy sports seats look good and I am sure Phil will sell plenty of them as they look like the originals.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde, once again thanks for the shirt, wore it last night, very chic, and it goes well with the hat!!

I have found this seat on evilbay, the seller advises he can have the appropriate headrest holes placed to fit the current HR on the 911 seat, and you can buy sliders to move the seat forward to allow rear access...

What does the board think? the price is certainly reasonable and the sliders are $85.

Would it be a large engineering feat to retro fit?

What is the opinions on the look?

I don't have the dimensions as yet though

cheers

Shane

Comment

picture see if this works

Seat picture
        Attached Files

Comment

shane

rev racegear and other speedshops stock this seat - cobra clubman - and also the matching sliders/mounts etc. handy if you want to go and sit in one to see how it feels. you can order them with or without headrests.

you see them in historic race cars quite a bit like mg's and alfa's etc. i think they look great.

Comment

Hi Shane,

yes, i have known about this seat for some time but we haven't officially released it yet. I am ordering a set as samples but wont see them until late Feb.

These seats are very good repros of original Recaro Sports seats but not exact (rake adjustment).

prices are still being worked out but will be more expensive than Monte carlo models as there are a lot of tooling costs to recover.

I would strongly suggest you sit in an original recaro sports seat first before you commit to them as they are narrower than the BF Torino seats. The original sports seats do look the part, but you really do want them to provide good support and for drivers who are taller and wider than "normal", you might find them a bit tight.

As for the Cobra seat you post a pic of, i have one of these for sale if you want but again, its a bit narrow and is a fixed back seat, plus there is all the mucking about to get the mounting frames, etc fitted.

As more info comes available, i will update the gtsclassics website and also inform this board.
            Phil Lack
            GTS Classics - proud TYP901 Forum SPONSORS
            PH: 03 9460 4000 FAX: 03 9460 4011
            Exclusive Distributors :
            'BF Torino' Seats, 'Rennshifter' sports shift, Spektr lightweight polycarb glass replacement, Autos International interiors.
            WEB: www.gtsclassics.com.au

Comment

Hey Shane I see you thought better of it.
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Yes Clyde,

Due to my massive Schwarzenegger like frame I thing I'll be taking Phils' advice and looking at the other options.

Why I was enquiring is when I drive with a little spirit (as has been known to happen, see previous posts) the support of the bench type seat is virtually non existent. You spend more time holding on to the steering wheel with hope!

The potential new seat, given budget will only be for the drivers side until the funds allow for two. I guess that will also determine the purchase now should be well considered to allow the matching later.

cheers

Shane

Comment

Working...
                X