fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel line

Hi - I have a leak on my 1968S (carbs) has a mixture of cheap fuel lines from filter to carbs and between carbs. While I am fixing leak on one hose thought I would replace all with good hose and clamps. There seems to be a variety of hose sizes sold for early 911's - does anyone know what size/type of hose I should use - and have a local source of it?

Purchase PMO fuel bars for the connection between the float bowls (these will solve most annoying leaks)http://www.pmocarb.com/parts.htm . The usual suppliers (Pelican/SM/Stoddard) stock quite a nice 'factory' look fabric braided silicone fuel line that works well and you only need standard worm-drive clamps. I imagine it should be available locally, but I haven't chased it here.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Some of the guys in the US have stopped using line that looks original in favour of modern fuel injection hose which is designed for today's fuel and ethanol additives. I guess the Pelican et al., product has that capacity.

Comment

I have bought some 6mm modern line locally to get me back on the road. In this case I am more concerned by leaks than authenticity.

Comment

Working...
        X