Congrats to Gus Carfi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to Gus Carfi

I dropped my car down to PCM today for a bit fettling, and was very pleasantly surprised to see a familiar 2.4S Targa on display in the classic corner.

I'm particularly partial to Metallic Green too.

Justin
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Yes saw it last week metallic green it is
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Splitting hairs here, Gus you will know. Is it Metallic Green or Ice Green.
      Kane Kennedy
      Typ 901 Register #204
      71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

I only ank, as when we where all on display one day somewhere, think it was one of the 356 days. The previous owner of your car was there talking about the color, I thought he said it was Metallic Ice Green, now I could be wrong. But out of interest what’s your color code.
        Kane Kennedy
        Typ 901 Register #204
        71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

No such colour as Ice Green in 73 in any reference I can find Irish, Emerald Jade Leaf but no ice
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Yeah ok, was half thinking that as I was writing, I just remember this guy describing it as a unusual color that he asked porsche to do. Anyway Gus will reveal all.
            Kane Kennedy
            Typ 901 Register #204
            71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

In the order book database I have the code is shown as 8310 that is called metallic green or grünmetallic (83 and the 10 is the black targa roof). It was also code 224 and 230. From photos I cant tell the difference in the colour and I believe the formulation of it is identical (or near enough) but it appears in the literature as 224 for 1972 MY cars and 230 for 1973 MY cars. It was a "special order" colour BUT from the menu of "standard" special order colours to choose from rather than a paint to sample special colour.

here is a chart of every green that Porsche has offered - and I dont see a metallic Ice Green listed http://www.elferclassic.de/technik/f...lack-gruen.php
              Last edited by HughH; 14-02-18, 09:52 PM.
              Hugh Hodges
              1973 E
              Australian TYP 901 Register #005
              Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Well there you go, looks like I was told a bit of a story then. Great info Hugh
                Kane Kennedy
                Typ 901 Register #204
                71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

Ice green metallic is an impact bumper colour..... I had a Carrera 3 in Ice Green. Its also the colour of the recently restored 3.0 litre Turbo that the Websters have and has been displayed at PCM and Geelong Festival of Speed.

Therer may have been a special Piech RS painted ice green metallic back in the day.... I recall seeing one (without ducktail) and a paisley type interior. It was used as a "design study".

JR
                  Justin Reed
                  aka Reedminor
                  1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                  1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                  1961 356B #114700
                  Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Is that Gus’’’ targa?
                    Last edited by PD Targa; 15-02-18, 08:09 PM.
                    Peter D

TYP901# 233
                    911T Coupe 68
                    911E Targa 73
                    911E Coupe 72 (sold)
                    1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

Kane he told me the same thing at John orchids event in geelong a few weeks ago. He said metallic “ice” green . He ordered it from factory and picked it up so go figure.

I wouldn’t contradict Hugh or Prez though

Comment

LoL, thats funny. He was completely certain that it was ice green, he made them change the order at the last minute
                        But it does pose a question.
                        When our two cars are together there is a difference in color. This is how the whole saga started. We stood talking for a very long time. He gave us the whole story.
                        Does your color code say 8310. Presume it would.
                        Kane Kennedy
                        Typ 901 Register #204
                        71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

I am guessing your car has been repainted at some stage Kane. My car is light yellow as per the paint tag but if you see it next to another light yellow car of the same year mine is lighter and that is because it has been repainted but the paint was not an exact match of the original.

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
                            I am guessing your car has been repainted at some stage Kane. My car is light yellow as per the paint tag but if you see it next to another light yellow car of the same year mine is lighter and that is because it has been repainted but the paint was not an exact match of the original.
                            Yes and very true, new paint well always look fresh, and that was my argument of the day. But this nice gentleman of the day, and now Gus knows, was trying to tell us otherwise.
                            I would think that Hugh’s info would be correct however.
                            Kane Kennedy
                            Typ 901 Register #204
                            71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

I must be missing something in the thread title. What is the congratulations for??

Comment

Working...
                              X