1968 911 reso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1968 911 reso

The metalwork in nearing completion on the 68L resto. Can anyone suggest a good reference that outlines exactly where the chip coat was applied originally?

Hi BrettD,

Have a look on EarlyS forum for exact references.

I just finished the paint on my 68L and can show you pics of what we did - I am pretty confident it is correct.

Generally speaking, engine bay, underside of pan (lapping onto bottom of lower outer rocker) front and rear wheel arches and up under headlight buckets, trunk area (fuel tank in different grey coloured chip coat)

What's the deal with you '68L? RHD? Colour? Engine? Pics??

Cheers,

Ben.

Comment

Brett, I did this all on my 68 a few years ago. I am currently doing the same on my 356 (nasty job!).

I found these sequenced multiple images of a pretty unmolested '68 car very useful https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...CJSxuqrwmaS9Uw

Cheers

Merv

Comment

in restoring my 1969T we are looking how to finish the rockers. The car will be a hot rod with exposed oil lines. For the rockers, i have seen cars with gravel/stone guard textured paint on the lower half of the rockers finished in body color. What is correct? And what is neccessary?

Let me know if you need anymore images.

Comment

Working...
        X