CDI Box needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDI Box needed

Hi the only part i modernised in the old girl blew up ...the cdi box ... while in phillip island ...if any one has a 3 pin one they would lend or sell while i sort mine id appreciate it thanks julian

Hi Julian
    I can help with a loan one but I am in melbourne at present. I was just talking to Clyde and he has a couple and could help and he is at Carrum Downs (much closer than me but he was not planning to go down there)
    When were you planning to come back? ie when do you need it by?
    Maybe we can organise someone who is going down to take one / pick one up
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Thanks Hugh here til Mon and i could pick up Mon night .. shop did me a favour housing car but bloke who owns it off until Tuesday so happy to come to get it Thanks Julian

Comment

OK Happy to loan it to you, even happier if I dont have to drive down with it. HOWEVER I may come down for the day tomorrow - depends on a few other things.
        PM me your phone number so i can contact you If i get down there toimorrow '
        Otherwise we can arrange a time for monday night
        Hugh
        Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Lads, im going down tomorrow if you want me to pick up from Hugh tonight that would be no problem
          text me on zero 4 zero zero 7 zero 5 3 5 zero

AV
          Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

btw...anyone have thoughts on these?

AV
            Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

AV I know of them but I have the one from Partsclassic in the USA. https://www.partsklassik.com/c-50-pa...d_porsche.aspx
              It is fantastic and i keep the original now as a spare although I will probably never need to use it as such
              IF Julian's is really stuffed I would recommend sending if over to get the internals redone as a digital CDI rather than looking for another one that will eventually fail
              Kurt at parts classic is great to deal with and I know there are a number of people here in Australia who use these products

PS Dont look too closely at the page I have linked to - it is dangerous for your bank balance
              Last edited by HughH; 10-03-18, 04:42 PM.
              Hugh Hodges
              1973 E
              Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Its a Partsklassic one Hugh .... with their coil etc. Wiring loom is cometely new etc l'll talk to them but had trouble free couple of thousand ks since igs been on the road . Funny thing is its the only thing i modernised on the car

Comment

Andrew and Hugh thankyou for the help Im happy to fit in with whatever suits you. Im here till Monday. My phone is 0419234474 .. if you come dow just text and i will mert you anywhere convenient for you thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianG View Post
                    Its a Partsklassic one Hugh .... with their coil etc. Wiring loom is cometely new etc l'll talk to them but had trouble free couple of thousand ks since igs been on the road . Funny thing is its the only thing i modernised on the car
                    The only time I have ever broken down in a Porsche was because of a partsklassic CDi where solder melted ditself and the unit stopped working

It's replacement is in the car and going fine now
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Awesome Clyde .. little bit of hpoe . Would explain tbe smoke from it

Comment

You won't get much help from partsklassik they will blame everything else in the car....I won't deal with them again that is for sure.
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President
                        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Julian, have picked up a black coil and cdi from Hugh tonight. Will call when I get to PI

see you tomorrow.

AV
                          Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

Thanks to Andrew and Hugh for the help!

Comment

Working...
                            X