• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of Auctions here

The first is a 1959 Convertible D:
    https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDeta ... id=1360660

The second, is a 1956 T1-A Speedster (although it is described as a 1957):
    https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDeta ... id=1360665

This one was imported to Australia in 1998 and has been converted to RHD, thus value could be lower internationally.

Merv,
    looks like the Mods need to start a 356 area for you next to the impact bumper stuff in off topic or non 901 fs .
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

A lot of our 901 folk are interested in the 356's as well. They also overlapped in production years.
      Last edited by Merv; 21-03-18, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
        A lot of our 901 folk are interested in the 356's as well. They also overlapped in production years.
        They are also into impact bumper cars too Merv, that's why we have a impact bumper section in off topic.
        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Thanks glad you liked the post.

Comment

Hi Merv,
            Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure I've seen them run through that joint before.
            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

I am not fussed where the comment goes. The 356's share much with the 912, not strictly a 901, the model number for the first 911.

The Convertible D was on car sales in the high $300K range (too much IMO) and I spoke with the son of the owner on Monday who is hoping it does not sell. The Speedster is a new one on me.

Comment

I enjoyed looking @ them. In my imaginary lotto garage I have a 356 Speedster
                '71 911 T 2.7
                TYP 901 Register #16
                Early 911S Register #2460
                Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

Me too Marcus. The last one I saw up here was offered to me for $250K by the owner 2 years ago. I passed. It sold to a Brisbane collector for $420K. The one at the auction is a snip at its current price but I suspect somehow there is a reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                    I am not fussed where the comment goes. The 356's share much with the 912, not strictly a 901, the model number for the first 911.
                    Whilst its not the first time I have read this on internet forums, I still find it quite misleading.

The 911 and 912 only differ in the engine, all other components from gearbox to brakes and suspension are shared.

So whilst the upgraded 1.6 motor in the 912 is clearly 356 derived, I don't see them sharing much else.

Comment

I guess it is a matter of opinion Chris. The shared lineage is apparent, in all 3 cars and they overlapped in production, concept design and centrally the motors for 2 of them. I was really only pointing out the auctions being conducted.

Comment

Also a nice 930 https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotD...=3&lid=1360659

Only 6 hrs to go and all are still below reserve I reckon

Comment

Hi Merv, the 930 timed out at $230,000 last night. The Lancia Delta Integrale was just under $22k. How do you find out if they sold or were passed in?
                          Cheers
                          Paul M

Comment

No damn it Paul, I missed the end. The Speedster got to $265K an hour before and the Convertible D $135K but both would have gone higher or been passed in. Interested to see if anyone else saw the final offers?

That 930 did well.

Comment

The convertible D timed out at $220K and the Speedster at $365K. Both under reserve I suspect

Comment

Working...
                              X