TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Porsche is the best value for money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Porsche is the best value for money?

On pondering a future car, this question arises for me. I don't mean best as an investment but value for money as a car now?

Are there undervalued Porsches?

Are you just talking 911's or all models Merv?
    996's seem to be the worst at retaining value but are still a great driving car. I thought I could live with one but couldn't get over over the ugly headlights so didn't have it for long.

Comment

I was thinking the range of models Paul. Some seem over valued and others undervalued in terms of their design quality. I agree on the 996, but the turbo seems to have been ‘discvered’.
      Last edited by Merv; 18-04-18, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post

Are there undervalued Porsches?
        I don't think so, unless you want a 914.

Comment

Not my cup of tea, but for overall value it seems a few people are getting into Boxsters ...

Comment

The 944 and 928 seem well designed and made, not reflecting full value, the 914 as said and also the Boxters are all over the sales with newish S models with low kms going for low prices. I have driven one around Lakeside and was extremely impressed. Caymans are also in that group perhaps?

Not a Porsche and therefore of less interest but these look interesting https://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/de...15267562/?Cr=5

Comment

Originally posted by ELSPORTO View Post
              Not my cup of tea, but for overall value it seems a few people are getting into Boxsters ...
              had the E sold, i'd have had one of the 981 Boxster S' in a heartbeat, just need to get my head around depreciation ...
              Craig
              12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
              1972 2.4E Targa project
              1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

I agree Craig the Boxster S in Gen 2 pdk mode could be a great everyday car and seem outstanding value.. There also some very good original 944s around.

Comment

996 Twin Turbo a steal at very low 100's
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                    The 944 and 928 seem well designed and made, not reflecting full value, the 914 as said and also the Boxters are all over the sales with newish S models with low kms going for low prices. I have driven one around Lakeside and was extremely impressed. Caymans are also in that group perhaps?

Not a Porsche and therefore of less interest but these look interesting https://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/de...15267562/?Cr=5
                    and they sound very nice too
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Yes forgot the Caymans - I am going to wait a couple of years for some of these later Caymans to go up in K's and down in $ ... reckon it will be my first Porsche built after 2000.

Comment

Will look at the 996 T Clyde. Not many around. Ben I had a Cayman for 2 years. Lovely balance and faster than my subsequent 997 over the same winding local roads. But at 2.7-2.9L lacked the grunt somewhat. The Boxster S with 3.4 and Sportschrono in Gen 2 form is a sweet spot IMO.

Comment

Michael Parker here is just finishing his 56 now and doing a fantastic job. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

Comment

I think the 944S2 and 968 cars are pretty good for value... Buy well ( AU and original) and I think they won't lose too much money (other than the potentially expensive servicing). The A/C works, 50-50% body weight, and the back seat is semi-functional.
                            John Forcier
                            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                            Restoration Saga
                            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I agree I am looking at a nice 944 S2 now John. 3.0L

Comment

Working...
                              X