Miles/hr to KM/hr sticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miles/hr to KM/hr sticker

Does anyone know where to buy an overlay sticker for an early 911/914/912 speedo - to add km/hr markings. I see some internet discussion on them but cannot find a source.

Looking for a clear sticker to put over the gauge glass. Like in this picture.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Robin, you are in luck as I have one of these. I just have to find it. I acquired it from Roger Grago (RIP) who had a bunch made a while ago in California. Its a copy of the factory sticker which is long since NLA.
      Let me see if I can dig it up and I'll let you know.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Brilliant. I am thinking I may be able to copy the one you have somehow - would others on the forum be interested in these? I have a 914/912 and 911 that are all in miles and would like a non-invasive way to show km/hr - guessing this may be of use to others?

Comment

Try Ringwood Speedos in Melbourne. They do refacing of the gauges as a different option
          Last edited by CS911E; 28-04-18, 09:36 PM.
          Craig Sedgman
          914/6 GT Clone Project
          996 C2.1

Comment

Good idea Robin. Many of us have the speedos that were current in Australia at the time (miles per hour) and a removable overlay preserves originality, yet helps for those who would like the current system.

Comment

I have a digital speedo app on my phone.... just as effective.

had to do something after being pinged twice in quick succession, for very minor transgressions.

jr
              Justin Reed
              aka Reedminor
              1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
              1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
              1961 356B #114700
              Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                Robin, you are in luck as I have one of these. I just have to find it. I acquired it from Roger Grago (RIP) who had a bunch made a while ago in California. Its a copy of the factory sticker which is long since NLA.
                Let me see if I can dig it up and I'll let you know.
                Hi Phil - any luck finding this?

Comment

With speed cameras and point to point monitoring I have installed an app on my phone called GPS dash. With a couple of hair ties it mounts centrally on the stearing wheel when I need it. Its very accurate and I can still use google maps when necessary.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Mick

Comment

I must be missing something here- with only 3-4 speed limits in common use (40,60,80,100), surely it’s just a matter of remembering the equivalents in miles?

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post

Hi Phil - any luck finding this?
                      Am still looking as it wasnt where I thought it was. stored.

sigpicPhil Lack
                      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                      Early 911-S Registry # 690
                      R-Gruppe # 367
                      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by remi View Post
                        I must be missing something here- with only 3-4 speed limits in common use (40,60,80,100), surely it’s just a matter of remembering the equivalents in miles?
                        Yea the other option is to get a white marker and by calibrating with an iPhone app just put dots at 60,70,80,100 - but was thinking a nice looking overlay that does not involve any invasive gauge rebuilds would be a nice option to have.

Comment

i use an iphone app like others - i find that even once i convert from mi to km, the speedo is so wrong that i'm better off with a gps speedo.

also, does the sticker have any mis-reading issues caused by parallax from being mounted on the glass rather than the face of the dial?
                          Richard Griffiths
                          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

ouch price. http://www.heiler-tachodesign.de/Spe...912-Mph-to-Kmh
                            Dials for conversion of US models vintage Porsche, from Mph to kmh. From ca.2 mm polycarbonate. The discs are exchanged 1: 1.

Comment

Originally posted by remi View Post
                              Never a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X